Needs Assessment: Rate the positions in order of need
Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:32 PM
1. Wide Receiver: I think we need to move Smitty to the slot and get a true #1. Throw in Lafell, Gettis, Murphy, and Adams, and we finally give Cam some weapons and take the focus off Steve Smith, who will be 34. I prefer a free agent here.
2. Defensive Tackle. We need more push up front. A run stopper who can collapse the pocket. We have a nice set of DEs now that will get better with some inside help. Edwards could be a cap casualty. I think the draft is pretty solid at DT.
3. Right Guard. Our run blocking is terrible. While I expect Silatolu to become a beast, we need a plow at RG. Hangartner ain't it. Maybe a stud falls to the fourth.
4. Free Safety. A defensive QB who can run the secondary. An intelligent hitter. Love to take a S in th second round.
5. Cornerback. If Norman and Thomas continue to play well, and we start getting pressure up front, this need could change.
If you consider where we will be drafting, I expect that we will be somewhere between 10 and 12 again. We have 7 games against teams with losing reconds down the stretch. We could win 5-6 games easily. Expect 6-10, 7-9.
How do you all see it?
Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:35 PM
Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:01 PM
Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:46 PM
That is the truth. I MIGHT add TE to the list.
We have no real clue, I'm comfortable with MLB, C, RB... That's about it.
Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:46 PM
Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:50 PM
But by Draft: DT, FS, WR, OG, CB
Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:33 AM
Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:05 PM
Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:30 PM
Guard is never a glamor pick, but we HAVE to run the ball. I agree with this, but I think it is very important that we move Steve Smith to the slot. He is tough, gets open, and would be a tough matchup IF we had a stud outside. That would open the offense up.
But we HAVE to run it. Hangartner is weak,
Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:03 PM
WR- Smitty is getting closer to retirement. Need a legit successor ASAP
DT- Dwan has been a nice addition but we need to solidify the interior of our defense.
FS- One word "Nakamura"
CB- Norman has been ok and Gamble might not be back.
OT- Gross getting older etc, etc.
TE- We need another TE. Offense runs better from 2 TE set. Would JIZZ if we can snap up Walker in FA.
Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:27 AM
any chance we can sign Bowe or Wallace? Long or Brown? Landry or Phillips?
Will be interesting to see what happens if we hire a 3-4 staff/d coord.....
Mingo, Moore, or Jones would be in the mix.
Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:41 PM
FS - Nakamura is terrible and should never start again.
WR - Steve Smith is getting too old to be our #1.
DT - We need more than an aging Ron Edwards and Fua.
The way the early mock drafts are looking we might be drafting a DT to replace Ron as the starter. Not our biggest need imo, but sometimes you have to go BPA.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users