#1 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,242 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

http://en.wikipedia....co_49ers_season

The first half of it looks very similar to Carolina's 2012 season. Four losses by a field goal or less, started 1-6. The 6th loss being to Matt Moore and the Panthers - the first win for Carolina that season. To their defense, Alex Smith played pretty well that game but was injured and the inept David Carr replaced him. After that loss they to rebounded finish the season 6-10.

It was the second full year for Ron Rivera's former teammate Mike Singletary, who was fired after the season.

Their season gives me hope that Carolina can turn it around. Things couldn't have gotten any lower for the 49ers at that point during Week 7 after losing a close game to winless Carolina. They were a talented team with the wrong head coach so the losses piled up. The Panthers hung with the 5-1 Bears last week but lost a close one. Losing to good teams, however you do it, it's as bad as losing to winless ones. Good teams are good for a reason and usually that means they can pull out the close games - something the Panthers have yet to figure out.

What Carolina needs is a head coach that says "I can win with Cam". The 49ers had perennial under-acheiver Alex Smith, picked #1 overall in 2005 but never really put it together until he had a guy like Jim Harbaugh coaching him. With a QB guru head coach that can mentor Cam and get him on the straight and narrow, Carolina could easily go 13-3 in 2013, as the 49ers did in 2011.

Since I've been so negative lately I thought I post something positive. The 49ers turned it around after years of mediocrity...so can the Panthers.

#2 Panths

Panths

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

But how much of their recent success can be attributed to Harbaugh?

#3 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,655 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

This is true.

#4 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,413 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

I have said this before. It really just depends in who they hire as our next head coach
One things for sure though, we have talent.

#5 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

I've noticed these parallels as well. Kudos for making a thread on it.

#6 Chaos

Chaos

A Star is born

• HUDDLER
  • 8,532 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

At some point, Singletary went full retard on Vernon Davis. It's more than interesting to see who is still there and who is gone. Does anyone else get the feeling that an ugly incident with this team is on the horizon? Something similar perhaps?

#7 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,166 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

They went 6-10 in 2010? We went 6-10 last year. Now we'll have a worse record.

#8 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

Hire Vic Fangio (sp)??? We win?

#9 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

http://en.wikipedia....co_49ers_season

The first half of it looks very similar to Carolina's 2012 season. Four losses by a field goal or less, started 1-6. The 6th loss being to Matt Moore and the Panthers - the first win for Carolina that season. To their defense, Alex Smith played pretty well that game but was injured and the inept David Carr replaced him. After that loss they to rebounded finish the season 6-10.

It was the second full year for Ron Rivera's former teammate Mike Singletary, who was fired after the season.

Their season gives me hope that Carolina can turn it around. Things couldn't have gotten any lower for the 49ers at that point during Week 7 after losing a close game to winless Carolina. They were a talented team with the wrong head coach so the losses piled up. The Panthers hung with the 5-1 Bears last week but lost a close one. Losing to good teams, however you do it, it's as bad as losing to winless ones. Good teams are good for a reason and usually that means they can pull out the close games - something the Panthers have yet to figure out.

What Carolina needs is a head coach that says "I can win with Cam". The 49ers had perennial under-acheiver Alex Smith, picked #1 overall in 2005 but never really put it together until he had a guy like Jim Harbaugh coaching him. With a QB guru head coach that can mentor Cam and get him on the straight and narrow, Carolina could easily go 13-3 in 2013, as the 49ers did in 2011.

Since I've been so negative lately I thought I post something positive. The 49ers turned it around after years of mediocrity...so can the Panthers.

Imtresting tidbits.. 2002 NY Jets, 2-5 start.. Finished 9-7 and made the playoffs. 1992 San Diego Chargers. Started 0-4 and finished 11-5 and made the playoffs.

#10 SmittyistheGOAT

SmittyistheGOAT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

I doubt we are gonna hire a Rivera.

#11 rickyisclutch

rickyisclutch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

1970 Bengals, 1-6 and made the playoffs!

#12 Verge

Verge

Huddle Troll Legend

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

Justin Smith
Patrick Willis
Navarro Bowman
Carlos Rogers
Dashon Goldson
Aldon Smith
Isaac Sopoaga
Donte Whitner

#13 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,910 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

Why do we always try to compare our team to other team's from random years?

#14 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

The difference? They hired Jim Harbaugh, we're gonna hire some random coordinator.

#15 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

I remember last year we were compared to like the 2008 or 2009 Packers lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.