Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 San Francisco 49ers season

31 posts in this topic

Posted

moral of the story...don't hire former chicago bear linebackers who took part in the superbowl shuffle as head coaches.

2 people like this

Posted

Are y'all crazy? Nigga please. Their is a lot more wrong with this team then just the coaching staff. I see why you guys would want to compare us to the 49ers but in many ways we are not that similar.

Posted

I said the priority should be hiring a QB guru as a head coach. (Green Bay's Tom Clements is a guy worth looking at). Panthers need a head coach that can handle Cam Newton and all the baggage he comes with. That's priority #1. Period.

It's clear Ron Rivera and Cam Newton do not have a good relationship, or a relationship at all. Rivera was clear he'd be primarily working with the defense when he was hired. And behind closed doors we have no idea what kind of rapport they have. Hire a guy that can turn Cam into a consistent QB and help him grow from a sulking little boy into a man that leads the team. The head coach needs to be able to corral his players and get them in line and as this season goes from bad to worse, we've seen Rivera is unable to do that.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hire Vic Fangio (sp)???

He was our first DC.

Posted

At some point, Singletary went full retard on Vernon Davis. It's more than interesting to see who is still there and who is gone. Does anyone else get the feeling that an ugly incident with this team is on the horizon? Something similar perhaps?

I think it already has with him and Cam. Cam seems aloof and doesn't really deal with Rivera. That is the same way that Vernon Davis was with Singletary. The next year, he was crying and hugging his coach after catching game winner in playoffs. These dudes are not wanting to play for Rivera anymore. They are playing hard because they are competitiors.

Posted

I was thinking about the similarities myself, too bad we didn't have a chance to hire Harbaugh... oh wait.

Posted

At some point, Singletary went full retard on Vernon Davis. It's more than interesting to see who is still there and who is gone. Does anyone else get the feeling that an ugly incident with this team is on the horizon? Something similar perhaps?

from what I remember........... Davis needed someone to go full retard on him.