64 replies to this topic

#46 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

White collar guys need to go to jail the same way, but normally are not caught with drug dogs

that's just because they don't use drug dogs down on wall street.

#47 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,304 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

Maybe they can train some money laundering dogs, or tax evasion dogs, insider trading sniffers, etc.

All for it.

#48 boostownsme

boostownsme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

You all are looking at this wrong. Your "curtilage" is considered land immediately around your home that would be considwered part of the house, ie. your front lawn, driveway, carport, etc. To be in the curtilage you need a search warrant or else a reason to be there. Therefore I see this as a non-issue. If the drug dog is anywhere close enough to your house to sit on drugs, the cops either a. were called there
b. are responding to a crime
c. have a search warrant, which would imply they have "reason to be there"

This isn't some way to illegally search certain ethnic groups, but since we live in "post racial" America, the race card is always played.

#49 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,222 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Yea except for white collar crime.

Then they should have the book thrown at them as well. But I don't think that drugs sniffing dogs will help in that case.

#50 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

Maybe they can train some money laundering dogs, or tax evasion dogs, insider trading sniffers, etc.

All for it.

the amount of cocaine and heroin you could pull off the street down in the financial district would be staggering.

the drug trade isn't a billion dollar industry because of crack heads dropping $10 on a rock.

#51 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,304 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

selling or just using?

I am good for prosecuting both.

#52 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

these men don't go to the hood to buy their drugs.

#53 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,222 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

Then take the dogs down to Wall Street.

My view is very simple.....break the law and go to jail,

#54 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

Then take the dogs down to Wall Street.

My view is very simple.....break the law and go to jail,

But they dont... And they wont... Just like they wont take the dogs through rich neighborhoods...Thats the point.

#55 logic1977

logic1977

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

But they dont... And they wont... Just like they wont take the dogs through rich neighborhoods...Thats the point.

Correct. If they did there would be a call to the mayor and likely a reprimanded police officer.

#56 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,222 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

Correct. If they did there would be a call to the mayor and likely a reprimanded police officer.

They can waltz them through my front yard if they want to.....you know why? Because I am not doing fuging drugs. The people that are screaming about this on here just know that their ass is breaking the law and are afraid of getting busted.

#57 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

They can waltz them through my front yard if they want to.....you know why? Because I am not doing fuging drugs. The people that are screaming about this on here just know that their ass is breaking the law and are afraid of getting busted.

That the dumbest fuging argument I've ever heard. You are basically arguing for a police state at this point, because if you have nothing to hide you wont mind the government monitoring everything you do.

One of the most un-American posts on the huddle imo

#58 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,222 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

That the dumbest fuging argument I've ever heard. You are basically arguing for a police state at this point, because if you have nothing to hide you wont mind the government monitoring everything you do.

One of the most un-American posts on the huddle imo

95% of the posters here prob use drugs, so 95% bitching about cops trying to stop drug users/dealers does not surprise me.

They use dogs in airports. I have no issue with them walking down the sidewalk. They are not entering your house and will not arrest you if you don't have drugs on you.

#59 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,471 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

Lol I wish it were that simple. Dogs are trained to give false alerts. That's the entire issue I have. No warrant needed, just a signal given to the dog by its handler and your 4th amendment right no longer exits. I'm sure you have zero issue with such an example, seeing as you "have nothing to hide".

#60 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

95% of the posters here prob use drugs, so 95% bitching about cops trying to stop drug users/dealers does not surprise me.

They use dogs in airports. I have no issue with them walking down the sidewalk. They are not entering your house and will not arrest you if you don't have drugs on you.

Doesnt matter if you are a wife beating meth addict child neglecting asshole who burns down daycares, you have a right to privacy. Thats how rights work, and thanks to the bill of rights we (hypothetically) have a lot more than you seem to think we should

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com