deangelo williams will not be traded
Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:23 AM
1. williams becoming a backup is something that everyone should have already known and accepted as simply the inevitable bound to happen. the writing was on the wall since game one of last season. if you didn't see it, you simply chose to ignore it.
2. there really is nothing wrong with deangelo williams. he is what he has always been...a pure runner. but the panthers are evolving, or better yet, catching up to the rest of the league where starting running backs have to be more versatile. as much as fans might like to think otherwise, it's not all a playcalling issue...williams is one dimensional.
3. because of reason number 2, the price that carolina paid to keep him, his age (you can debate about his mileage all you want, no team is going to risk it), and the high mid round pick that most people believe he's worth...no one is going to pick up his contract. period.
4. if the panthers are going to dump him, they aren't going to bleed themselves dry to do it. that means no 7th round song and dance pick trade before thursday and absorbing a $9.6m cap hit. deangelo williams will be asked to restructure when the season is over. if the answer is no, look for a post june 1st cut to lessen the cap hit bleeding.
5. you purchased his jersey so he can't be traded......seriously? grow up.
of course, by the end of tomorrow deangelo williams could be playing for the cardinals, and all this will be the usual forum ramble.
we'll just have to wait and see.
Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:27 AM
A WHOLE PIE!
Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:31 AM
Seems like everything is on the table.
Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:35 AM
Richardson said many times that Marty Hurney would be the GM of the Carolina Panthers as long as he was running the show.
Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:39 AM
Pretty much all you ever do is complain about what others post and complain about the coaching you miserable bastard!
This would have been an appropriate thing to post as an answer to the thread "Why NOT trade Deangelo?"
Every thought does not need it's own topic. That is why message board software is designed the way it is.
I will just leave this here.
Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:52 AM
After the Hurney firing out of no where, I don't think anyone can really predict what will or won't happen with this team.
Seems like everything is on the table.
Agreed, with the exception of Cam and 1 or 2 others, no one is safe.
Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:03 AM
08- 273 carries,1515 yards,5.5 ypc,18 rushing TD's, 0 fumbles
09- 216 carries,1117 yards,5.2 ypc,7 rushing TD'S, 3 fumbles
10- 87 carries, 369 yards, 4.2 ypc, 1 rushing TD, 1 fumble
11-155 carries, 850 yards,5.5 ypc, 7 rushing TD's, 0 fumbles
12-61 carries, 210 yards,3.4 ypc,2 rushing TD'S, 1 fumble
cumlative snaps over this period
792 carries, 4061 yards, 5.1 ypc, 35 rushing TD'S, 5 fumbles
Heres Stewarts stats over the same period
08- 184 carries,839 yards,4.6 ypc, 10 rushing TD's. 2 fumbles
09- 221 carries,1133 yards, 5.1 ypc, 10 rushing TD's,3 fumbles
10- 178 carries, 770 yards, 4.3 ypc, 2 rushing TD's, 4 fumbles
11-142 carries, 775 yards, 5.5 ypc, 4 rushing TD's, 1 fumble
12- 52 carries, 184 yards, 3.5 ypc, 0 rushing TD's, 0 fumbles
777 carries, 3701 yards,4.7 ypc, 26 rushing TD's, 10 fumbles.
So with 15 more carries Deangelo has fumbled 5 less times, has 9 more rushing TD's, and is averaging more yards per carry.
Both backs productions has obviously been hurt by our current offensive schemes and playcalling. The current staff who is emplyoing these schemes and playcalling will likely not be back next year.
Assuming Deangelo is on the team next year his cap figure will be 8.2 million without restructuring. Stewarts will be 2.8 million. For a total of 11 million.
With a new gm coming by next year, I would prefer to see if he finds a coach that would like to keep the 2 backs together and utilize them properly. If they decide they don't want him, then we could trade him for probably the same level of compensation we would get right now. If they do decide to keep him, we could likely get him to restrucure(easy to do since he has no guarnteed money left right now) to a lower cap figure.
I see absolutely no reason to trade him right now.
Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:13 AM
I stopped reading at "i don't have any proof whatsoever"
If you did that in the Huddle, you would only read about 3 posts a day.
Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:24 AM
Its Wednesday so barring some team asking for more than we expect, I just don't see anything going down
Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:27 AM
Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:29 AM
Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:31 AM
The key is having a smart enough organization to trade him BEFORE a massive contract extension. Of course no one is taking on his contract. Hurney was a fuging idiot
His contract is going to stop anyone from trading for him if the price is right. His money is only guaranteed for this year, after which they could force him to restructure or cut him with no penalty. It all depends on what someone is willing to give up for a potential half year rental.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users