Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Inimicus

Best vacation you ever took?

46 posts in this topic

I have been to Europe, all over the US including Hawaii, and assorted islands, Mexico, etc.

#1 Korea. There is nothing like seeing a place on the other side of the globe. Different culture but enough familiar stuff and English speakers to make it easier.

#2 Costa Rica. You get beach if you want it, and the cloud forest is something to behold.

Still on my list...Turkey, Egypt, and Australia/NZ.

1 person likes this

Someone mentioned South Dakota - I second that sentiment. I normally try to avoid cheesy tourist areas like Gatlinburg or Myrtle Beach. To me, the entire state of South Dakota feels like a tourist trap, but there's plenty to keep you entertained in the Grand Rapids, Keystone, Mt. Rushmore area. The only thing I would suggest is to go in the spring or fall. Avoid going during summer (crowded) and winter (below zero with high winds).

Panama City, FL with my Fraternity brothers in the Spring of 2008. Wow. Looking back, I'm surprised no one was killed or arrested.

Also, I was in Oak Island with my GF's family the whole first week of August this year. Big ass house on the beach. It's up there, too.

I have been to Europe, all over the US including Hawaii, and assorted islands, Mexico, etc.

#1 Korea. There is nothing like seeing a place on the other side of the globe. Different culture but enough familiar stuff and English speakers to make it easier.

#2 Costa Rica. You get beach if you want it, and the cloud forest is something to behold.

Still on my list...Turkey, Egypt, and Australia/NZ.

I did Turkey and Egypt. Turkey very different from most of Europe. Not better, and not really worse, just different. The various religious buildings in Istanbul are a sight to see as is the Grand Bazaar. And Apple tea is excellent. Got to admit though, Istanbul was one place where I always kept an eye on who was behind me.

With Egypt, it was great to see the Pyramids and the Museum of Egypt, but other than that, I was glad to leave.

Between Turkey and Egypt, we hit Israel, it was imo the best of the three.

Would love to go to Australia/NZ.

U gotta consider a Cruise through the Inside Passage, then rail through Danali Park.

panama city beach, florida. that pales in comparison to some your y'alls vacations :'(

If you look at the carribean I say St. Lucia.....

Panama City Beach, FL was cool on college spring break...

Personally: The Atlantis - Bahamas

Want to go to the Cook Islands.