Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Smith- "You're stuck with me"

56 posts in this topic

Posted

1266102322614.jpg
1 person likes this

Posted

I love Smitty!

Posted

The Panthers and Smitty are like peanut butter and jelly.

Posted

Anyone who thought he might be traded should get their head tested. Who in their right mind would trade their best receiver?

Posted

Awesome news!

Posted

Hate to be the Debbie Downer, but I gotta play Devil's Advocate here. Smitty said he plans on staying a Panther. Nothing in that quote says he will be, as it takes the other side deciding to keep him too. He may want to retire as a Panther, but the front office may have different plans for him.

I'm hoping the trade deadline passes and he's still here, but I'm not going to get my hopes up until after that happens. I honestly doubt we would trade him, but stranger things have happened.

Posted

just based on the relationship that smith and JR has had all these years, i think that he is one of the few untouchables that the new GM will have to work around....which is fine with me.

Posted

I'm happy he's here, but I wouldn't have been mad if they dealt him.

Posted

Yes it's true....I am happy to be stuck with you Smitty. No homo.

Posted

Hate to be the Debbie Downer, but I gotta play Devil's Advocate here. Smitty said he plans on staying a Panther. Nothing in that quote says he will be, as it takes the other side deciding to keep him too. He may want to retire as a Panther, but the front office may have different plans for him.

I'm hoping the trade deadline passes and he's still here, but I'm not going to get my hopes up until after that happens. I honestly doubt we would trade him, but stranger things have happened.

I doubt a team would want an unhappy Smitty. Ask Lucas

Posted

589 yards accumulated receiving so far, two yards shy of 10th in the league. not a stellar year but considering our offensive woes it's pretty impressive.

i don't want to imagine what we'd look like without those 589 yards.

Posted

589 yards accumulated receiving so far, two yards shy of 10th in the league. not a stellar year but considering our offensive woes it's pretty impressive.

i don't want to imagine what we'd look like without those 589 yards.

we might be 1-6.