• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#1 SmittyistheGOAT

SmittyistheGOAT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

Multiple league sources tell Profootballtalk.com there's a "viable chance" DeAngelo Williams is traded ahead of Thursday's 4ET deadline.

According to reporter Darin Gantt, "several" teams have reached out to Carolina, and the "interest is serious." The sizable cap hit the move would entail has led many to believe Williams is untradeable, but according to Gantt, the Panthers are "absolutely" prepared to take the hit if a desirable deal presents itself. Gantt believes it "seems apparent" Williams won't be back with the Panthers in 2013 even if he stays put Thursday. As if it wasn't already clear, Jonathan Stewart no longer has competition for lead-back duties in Carolina.

A little different then what we've been hearing. I think he gets traded by a desperate team.

#2 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,636 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

Can we merge this? All these Dwill trade threads make my eyes bleed.

#3 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,598 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

Posted Image

#4 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,452 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

Posted Image

#5 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

NFL LIve reported the same thing....DeAngelo is the only big name trade still being considered....Jackson is off the market, so this actually helps the Panthers right now.

#6 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

"Viable" is the word the article used. You then ran with that and turned it into "serious". Theres quite a difference in those two words.

#7 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

Only way a D Will trade would even REMOTELY make me happy:

Is if on Draft day we somehow finagled our way back into the first round... Even then I would not be happy with our current backfield.

I say he stays though long term because my scenario would likely never happen... And if we took anything less than the first pick in the 2nd rnd we would be seriously fuggin ourselves from a talent standpoint. Contract be damned.... Talent wise, if we get anything less than a 1st rounder with his career stats and lack of injury we'd literally be shooting ourselves in the foot.

Just my .02

#8 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,118 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

goodness, we may be in position to fleece a desperate team in a trade.

how times have changed.

#9 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,949 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

it would be laughable to get a first round pick for a 29 year old running back lol.

#10 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,888 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

One guy on Fox mentioned getting a second for Williams from GB. If they offered that, they can have him in a heartbeat and ill throw in a used copy of Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

#11 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

If we can get anything for Williams and get out of his contract, then we are LUCKY. We will cut him if we can't trade him, because we will never pay him in 2013....we would be lucky to get a 3rd or 4th rounder for him....I really don't want a draft pick...I want a CB.

#12 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,474 posts
  • Location704

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

Trade this scrub and be done with it.

P.S. OP: "serious" isn't synonymous with "viable"

#13 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,556 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

I'm ballparking a 5th.

A 4th would be nice, 3rd is pie in the sky, a 2nd and we'd be wanted in 18 states.

#14 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,473 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

Only way a D Will trade would even REMOTELY make me happy:

Is if on Draft day we somehow finagled our way back into the first round... Even then I would not be happy with our current backfield.

I say he stays though long term because my scenario would likely never happen... And if we took anything less than the first pick in the 2nd rnd we would be seriously fuggin ourselves from a talent standpoint. Contract be damned.... Talent wise, if we get anything less than a 1st rounder with his career stats and lack of injury we'd literally be shooting ourselves in the foot.

Just my .02

That trade wouldn't even go through in Madden. He's 29 with a HUGE contract. You trade him NOW while he has value with teams in the hunt looking for help at RB. We need the cap relieve and D. Will is no longer the best RB on this team. There is no chance in hell you get a 2nd, and at this point we'd be LUCKY as hell to get a 3rd.

If we don't unload him now, all that's going to happen is that the new GM will unload him and we will get much less back, if anything.

#15 KDawg004

KDawg004

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

What would the cap hit be if we trade him?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com