Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Serious" chance D-Will gets traded

140 posts in this topic

Posted

3 trade scenarios I'd like to see

1) Conditional pick (3rd to a 2nd if team makes playoff and he plays x amount of time) WE don't take cap hit

2) 2nd round pick with conditional to move to 1st if team makes playoffs AND WE assume cap hit

Honestly...I don't even know if they allow such things.

it doesn't work like that.

carolina is going to take a cap hit. period...and that's only 2 scenarios.

Posted

I figured we'd be taking a cap hit period...I guess my scenario would assume a baseline cap hit over and above that.

Posted

DW isn't going anywhere. He'll restructure to a more manageable contract in the offseason. I suspect multiple players will restructure or be cut (gross and beast).

Posted

Explanation per D Gantt

http://profootballta...lliams-cap-hit/

For Williams, the $3.2 million bonus allocation would continue to apply this year. For a post-June 1 trade, the remaining $9.6 million would apply not this year but next year.

The cap charge would be offset by avoiding Williams’ $4.75 million base salary next season, which means that the Panthers would carry a net hit of $4.85 million in 2013, if they trade Williams before the 2012 trade deadline.

not bad.
1 person likes this

Posted

So basically a 4.85 million dollar hit next season

Not that bad indeed

Posted

So not this years cap after all. I say the chance that he is still with the team on this contract next year is very small.

What are the cup hit if he reconstruct? If the hit is like the original deal I would think a reconstruct:

2013: About $2M for year in 2013 with a cap hit at $5M a year.

2014: Cut him and take the $6,4M hit, if he is willing to com back and play for about $1M let him.

2015: We will need his cap space to resign Cam.

Might be best to just take the hit next year.

Posted

So not this years cap after all. I say the chance that he is still with the team on this contract next year is very small.

What are the cup hit if he reconstruct? If the hit is like the original deal I would think a reconstruct:

2013: About $2M for year in 2013 with a cap hit at $5M a year.

2014: Cut him and take the $6,4M hit, if he is willing to com back and play for about $1M let him.

2015: We will need his cap space to resign Cam.

Might be best to just take the hit next year.

Seems to me a reconstruct of his contract is going to be difficult unless he is willing to play for a very low salary. We would have to wrap that $5 million hit for 2013 in any new deal. Assuming we wouldn't sign a 30 year old back to more than a 3 year deal, he'd have to take a big pay cut to make it work.

I don't think he's here next year, and it may go beyond the contract issues. Guessing as to the reasons is probably futile, but it just seems their future plans don't include Deangelo.

Posted

Seems to me a reconstruct of his contract is going to be difficult unless he is willing to play for a very low salary. We would have to wrap that $5 million hit for 2013 in any new deal. Assuming we wouldn't sign a 30 year old back to more than a 3 year deal, he'd have to take a big pay cut to make it work.

I don't think he's here next year, and it may go beyond the contract issues. Guessing as to the reasons is probably futile, but it just seems their future plans don't include Deangelo.

Future plans don't include DeAngelo??? Why? Because the coach that won't be here next year is electing to try to get Stewart "into a rhythm"?

C'mon man, stop drankin from the stoopid cup

Posted

Future plans don't include DeAngelo??? Why? Because the coach that won't be here next year is electing to try to get Stewart "into a rhythm"?

Because he's going to be a 30 year old running back on a team looking to make a lot of roster changes.

Posted

So tell me what you see that indicates the organization (not just RR) views DWill as a continuing part of the core.

You know as well as I the organization is not making any major decisions without JR's input.

Posted

I hope he doesn't get traded. I would like to see him stick around and play for a coaching staff next season that will actually know how to use him