Photo
- - - - -

"Serious" chance D-Will gets traded

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
139 replies to this topic

#133 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

So tell me what you see that indicates the organization (not just RR) views DWill as a continuing part of the core.

You know as well as I the organization is not making any major decisions without JR's input.

Well lets see, there's that whole thing that they just gave him that FAT contract that everybody's talking about in this thread.

I completely agree that he was over paid

And yes we both know that JR is likely calling the shots at this point... But it's hard to believe that when Eric Davis just emphatically stated that JR doesn't get involved with personnel decisions.

Lets all just be honest with ourselves here for a moment. For reals:

The only reason DeAngelo has become a topic of conversation in the past few weeks is because the offensive scheme that we have been running hasn't been conducive for either of our backs to be successful. Rivera then chose Stew over DeAngelo to get him rolling. (Yet another dumb decision on his part) then the media gets in on the party and rumors begin... If we used our backs as we should be, this wouldn't even be a topic of conversation.

#134 Jacket60

Jacket60

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

It has everything to do with the shitty O-line play, and shitty offensive game planning. But, that's the way it is right now and to be honest, as much as I love Deangelo (I have a mid-tier jersey of his, even), it'd probably be best for all parties involved to go ahead and get something for him now. We could probably get a mid range pick for him, and get the money out of the way in one shot (next year's cap) and he could go to a contender where he can thrive and hopefully, for him, get a ring. Last chance this year, cuz the next few are ours :)

My post was sarcastic if you couldn't tell.

#135 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

Well lets see, there's that whole thing that they just gave him that FAT contract that everybody's talking about in this thread.

I completely agree that he was over paid

And yes we both know that JR is likely calling the shots at this point... But it's hard to believe that when Eric Davis just emphatically stated that JR doesn't get involved with personnel decisions.

Lets all just be honest with ourselves here for a moment. For reals:

The only reason DeAngelo has become a topic of conversation in the past few weeks is because the offensive scheme that we have been running hasn't been conducive for either of our backs to be successful. Rivera then chose Stew over DeAngelo to get him rolling. (Yet another dumb decision on his part) then the media gets in on the party and rumors begin... If we used our backs as we should be, this wouldn't even be a topic of conversation.

I definitely think something will be done with either Williams or Stewart after this season.

Hurney was the one crazy enough to invest that obscene amount of cap space in the RB position. It is very doubtful that they new GM will have the same opinion. I fully expect them to shed cap space int he RB position (sign a 2nd tier back-up or draft one in the later rounds).

The new GM would be smart to take much of that cap space and invest in other areas....even if it takes another year to fully free the space.

#136 0115

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

Not sure if anyone mentioned Armon Smith and Taureen Poole? They seem very promising?

#137 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

HUDDLER

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

If we invest in the o-line in the offseason then none of this will be an issue

#138 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

If we invest in the o-line in the offseason then none of this will be an issue

Hard to do that when $80M is invested in the RB position. The new GM will definitely have some hard decisions to make.

#139 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Hard to do that when $80M is invested in the RB position. The new GM will definitely have some hard decisions to make.

this is what people don't seem to grasp.

something has to give.

as big a stewart fan as i am, i was all for letting him hit free agency after williams got his mega contract.

#140 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

My post was sarcastic if you couldn't tell.

I could tell. I was agreeing with you and elaborating further.