• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#31 KDawg004

KDawg004

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

Do you expect the coaching staff who is not using him to be around next year?

True that. Trust me I would like to keep our RBs intact. Too good of a trio not to run it down our opponents throat on every snap. Who would've thought we'd miss Foxball?

#32 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,995 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

I give this post two thumbs down

Posted Image

#33 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

Evan Silva quoting Adsm Schefter on twitter:

Schefter on DeAngelo Williams: "Could be on the move. #Panthers continue to listen to phone calls. There is interest from other teams."

Also said Dwayne Bowe, Steven Jackson, & The Golden Calf of Bristol not going anywhere.

I still say DW goes to the Packers.

#34 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,500 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

#35 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,500 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

I'm gonna play the guessing game:

D-Will to the Cards

#36 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

Go talk to the people that watch the tape and then come talk to me. DeAngelo is getting paid WAY too much. Stew is 26 years old. Do the math. The contract is terrible, and he will be moved.

He can obviously still play, but his contract will handcuff the new GM

DeAngelo is getting paid too much... I agree, but that wasn't your initial argument.

Do you have access or know the RB coach personally? I'm curious as to why you think J is the better RB...

Here's what I do know, and not all of it for the sake of time... If I had to compare the two this is what I would say.

JStew- more physical tough back, better pass blocker, I disagree with the notion that he has better hands (but it seems that most really believe this to be true), slower of the two, more injury prone of the two

DeAngelo- more finesse style back, faster, more elusive, and has that "other" gear that Stew lacks.

Here's how I would use them mostly:

Run J in between the tackles, run Williams to the outside... Then towards the end of games, switch it up just when the defense "thinks" they have figured it out. You can use them both n screen plays equally...

The KEY to all of this is to Fuggin utilize what we have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#37 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,473 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

You can throw all the stats you want to. The only numbers that matter are the contracts and the guys' respective ages. Go ask the folks that get paid to do this stuff for a living. I don't need to argue with you all. What's done will be done.

#38 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,133 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

If that was the case then we wouldnt have so many of these supposed teams inquring about him.

that could be any number of teams looking to do any number of things. not every team places the same value on the position but the teams that are typically viewed as the "good" ones (patriots, giants, steelers, etc.) tend to not go overboard when it comes to paying running backs or investing draft picks in them.

some teams, however, do. see the cleveland browns trading up to the third overall pick in this last draft for trent richardson. outside of that, there were only two other RBs drafted in the first round and they were chosen 31st and 32nd overall. if a team wants to make that move and the price is right then we won't stop them.

Also if Hurney did one thing right, it was structruing the contracts to where we would not be forced to absorb a big cap hit from Stewart and D-will in the same season.

yeah, but having williams' base salary off the books moving forward is still important. we've got aging cornerstones at WR and LT and the middle of the defensive line needs help. odds are we're going to have to look to free agency for at least one of those positions and landing top talent is going to be expensive.

#39 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,473 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

DeAngelo is getting paid too much... I agree, but that wasn't your initial argument.

Do you have access or know the RB coach personally? I'm curious as to why you think J is the better RB...

Here's what I do know, and not all of it for the sake of time... If I had to compare the two this is what I would say.

JStew- more physical tough back, better pass blocker, I disagree with the notion that he has better hands (but it seems that most really believe this to be true), slower of the two, more injury prone of the two

DeAngelo- more finesse style back, faster, more elusive, and has that "other" gear that Stew lacks.

Here's how I would use them mostly:

Run J in between the tackles, run Williams to the outside... Then towards the end of games, switch it up just when the defense "thinks" they have figured it out. You can use them both n screen plays equally...

The KEY to all of this is to Fuggin utilize what we have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude actually LISTEN to what I am saying, because I'm not going over it again. The "utilize what you have" argument goes out the window. HIS CONTRACT IS TOO LARGE. We have too much money invested at the RB position with other holes on this team. What more needs to be said, he can still run, but you go with the younger guy. Thats how this business works.

As far as Stewart vs. Williams, do your own research. Go ask a few folks that get paid to study tape (and not just read off of a stat sheet) and ask them. I'm not argue about this anymore, so take it up with someone else.

At this point if you don't understand why its much better economically for this team to trade D.Will and do it now, then you are lost and will never get it.

#40 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,167 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

One guy on Fox mentioned getting a second for Williams from GB. If they offered that, they can have him in a heartbeat and ill throw in a used copy of Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

Shiiiiiiiit........and they can get Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition from me!!!

#41 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

OK, I need some help from the capologists on here. THe way i understand this is the Panthers would take a hit financially if they trade him. The team that gets him would only be into him for about $2.5 million this season. I think the bonus was front-loaded, which means that the trading partner would not be obligated to pay the bonus.

So we will have paid DW about $20 million for 23 games since inking his deal. The new team would have to address the salary part of his check for the next three years or so, which comes to about $15m. However, it is not guaranteed if he is cut.

Is that right?

#42 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,167 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

I was talking about this with my friend today at work and he is a die hard Packers fan. He said he would be willing to give up a first for D Will................i almost choked on my spit.

#43 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,033 posts

Evan Silva quoting Adsm Schefter on twitter:

I still say DW goes to the Packers.

I am guessing the Cardinals.

#44 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

You can throw all the stats you want to. The only numbers that matter are the contracts and the guys' respective ages. Go ask the folks that get paid to do this stuff for a living. I don't need to argue with you all. What's done will be done.

Yep I agree... That's why DeAngelo was taken care of before Stew was. If they thought DeAngelo was so damned expendable they would have traded him then and not after giving him such a big deal. Fact of the matter is he got overpaid, but not by much based off of what he was producing at the time on field. It's super easy to attack him now that he's not getting the touches and thereby not able to produce, but even with the minimal touches he's still doing well.

They will make moves to get some salary cap back... And I think it will be RE STRUCTURING deals, and maybe trading someone. People get too caught up n the latest media cycle and because most people are SHEEP they just automatically agree. It would make no sense to trade either one of our RB's

#45 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,124 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

D Will contract needs to go, he isn't worth that much money and his contract clear up hella salary for the future. I don't think you guys really understand that if we can get a 3rd we make out like bandits in this deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com