139 replies to this topic

#46 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,399 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

Yep I agree... That's why DeAngelo was taken care of before Stew was. If they thought DeAngelo was so damned expendable they would have traded him then and not after giving him such a big deal. Fact of the matter is he got overpaid, but not by much based off of what he was producing at the time on field. It's super easy to attack him now that he's not getting the touches and thereby not able to produce, but even with the minimal touches he's still doing well.

They will make moves to get some salary cap back... And I think it will be RE STRUCTURING deals, and maybe trading someone. People get too caught up n the latest media cycle and because most people are SHEEP they just automatically agree. It would make no sense to trade either one of our RB's

He was taken care of first because his contract ran out first genius.

#47 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,061 posts

I was talking about this with my friend today at work and he is a die hard Packers fan. He said he would be willing to give up a first for D Will................i almost choked on my spit.

Tell him to shake on it and call the GB front office! Done deal!!

#48 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

I was talking about this with my friend today at work and he is a die hard Packers fan. He said he would be willing to give up a first for D Will................i almost choked on my spit.

Unless you guys work as NFL agents then this really doesn't mean poo.

#49 SmittyistheGOAT

SmittyistheGOAT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

If we get a 3rd or more for D-Will I will personally go down to Charlotte and give Mr. Beane a blumpkin.

#50 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,422 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

I am curious what people are expecting. I would not be surprised if we get a player (like a RG) for him. If it is a pick, I am guessing a 3rd or 4th rounder. However, if there is a bidding war, then we could get something better.

#51 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

Unless you guys work as NFL agents then this really doesn't mean poo.

But cot damn it if i was a agent.......

#52 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

D Will contract needs to go, he isn't worth that much money and his contract clear up hella salary for the future. I don't think you guys really understand that if we can get a 3rd we make out like bandits in this deal.

The PFT Article spells out that we would not get a cap benefit for trading him until 2014. Because his 2013 cap hit goes from 8.2 million to 9.6 million if we trade him. So for the 14 and 15 seasons this would be a big relief on our cap but it serves no immediate cap savings, it actually cost us until 2014.

I just think that since once this year is over, his guaranteed pay will over and done with and that it would be easy to get him to restructure to a more cap friendly contract because of this fact.

#53 beach

beach

geaux!!

• HUDDLER
  • 8,035 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

I am curious what people are expecting. I would not be surprised if we get a player (like a RG) for him. If it is a pick, I am guessing a 3rd or 4th rounder. However, if there is a bidding war, then we could get something better.

Bidding wars tend to add something to the trade value regardless of the position so I agree.

How are the backup FSs on GB and Arizona? haha

#54 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

Back up my ass....we should get a starting DB for DWilliams

#55 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,422 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

Bidding wars tend to add something to the trade value regardless of the position so I agree.

I wish I knew. That is an idea, however, because the secondary in Arizona is pretty strong.

#56 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,641 posts

Unless you listen to the Panthers who say it isn't happening:

http://www.panthers....c4-49b21002236e

#57 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Dude actually LISTEN to what I am saying, because I'm not going over it again. The "utilize what you have" argument goes out the window. HIS CONTRACT IS TOO LARGE. We have too much money invested at the RB position with other holes on this team. What more needs to be said, he can still run, but you go with the younger guy. Thats how this business works.

As far as Stewart vs. Williams, do your own research. Go ask a few folks that get paid to study tape (and not just read off of a stat sheet) and ask them. I'm not argue about this anymore, so take it up with someone else.

At this point if you don't understand why its much better economically for this team to trade D.Will and do it now, then you are lost and will never get it.

Nice edit... Please put me in contact with these people that you have access to. I'm just a poor Soldier boy who doesn't have these type of connections.

I did listen to what you said... And you're in DESPERATE mode.... We are not desperate at all... Therefore, no reason to trade Dwill.

If it happens then it happens... I just don't see it. But then again I'm not in charge of sh*t. Nor am I the one signing anyone's paychecks... But then again neither are you. I understand that there are teams desperate at RB now, and it may seem like we could get more now... What I'm saying is if they're so damned desperate then they can cough up a 1st .... He's worth a first to begin with, and if they're so desperate and want a SB that badly... Well the pay the piper....

Honestly, that's what I think we'd let him go for... That why we're "listening" to offers. In the end, we won't get offered what we want and a deal won't get done.

#58 4Corners

4Corners

Trill Laimbeer

• HUDDLER
  • 13,385 posts
  • Location704

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

I am guessing the Cardinals.

Yeah cards a good choice too. They gotta do sonething because that ship is sinking fast

#59 4Corners

4Corners

Trill Laimbeer

• HUDDLER
  • 13,385 posts
  • Location704

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

TCF u thinking with your heart and not your head bro

#60 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

He was taken care of first because his contract ran out first genius.

To a casual fan... Yes this would seem to be the case... But to anyone who knows better, knows that it was THEIR option to re sign him. They could have let him walk, or traded him... Instead they chose to re sign him.... Care to disagree with History? I didn't think so!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.