• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#76 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

Yeah another thing for TCF and those smoking crack thinking DW is worth a 1st round pick.....didn't Marshawn Lynch only fetch a 4th rounder a few years ago?

a 4th and a 5th. Terrible trade by the Bills.. A week and half after being traded to the Seahawks Lynch went off for 3 td's against you guessed it the Carolina Panthers.

#77 beach

beach

|~~-~-~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,684 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

a 4th and a 5th. Terrible trade by the Bills.. A week and half after being traded to the Seahawks Lynch went off for 3 td's against you guessed it the Carolina Panthers.

oh Buffalo haha

#78 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

There is a lot of confusion and incorrect info in this thread regarding trading DWill and it's impact on our cap, so let's try to clear that up.

1) If we trade DWill this year, $9.6 million (unallocated bonus) minus the remainder of his salary for this year (approx $2,5 million) hits our books immediately. So call it a net impact of about $7 million this year.

2) He would then be off our books entirely. There would be no dead money to carry over.

Hopefully this clears up that question.

Edit: The above is wrong. The $9.6 million would hit our books in 2013. Sorry about that.

#79 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • 3,341 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

I've been looking for the "serious chance" in this thread and have yet to find it

#80 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,144 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

It better be a 3rd or I'm going to be pist!
Dwill is up there in age but the dude been sharing carries his entire life. Hes a 26 old running back with the carries he had throughout his career.

I dnt care what a lot of the people on here think. Whyd would yall be so happy to give away your home-run threat for a 5th or 6th? crazy !

#81 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

There is a lot of confusion and incorrect info in this thread regarding trading DWill and it's impact on our cap, so let's try to clear that up.

1) If we trade DWill this year, $9.6 million (unallocated bonus) minus the remainder of his salary for this year (approx $2,5 million) hits our books immediately. So call it a net impact of about $7 million this year.

2) He would then be off our books entirely. There would be no dead money to carry over.

Hopefully this clears up that question.

Darin gantt says it would hit in 13

#82 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,657 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

This thread can't be serious. Viable =/= serious. Just means possible. Haven't we already gotten confirmation that he will not be traded?

#83 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

Darin gantt says it would hit in 13

And I say he's wrong, unless the info listed on spotrac which everyone uses is totally off.

Edit: I was wrong, and Gantt was right. When a player is traded mid-year, the unallocated bonus hits the following year. My apologies.

#84 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

JStew- more physical tough back, better pass blocker, I disagree with the notion that he has better hands (but it seems that most really believe this to be true), slower of the two, more injury prone of the two

There are two misconceptions here.

1) DWill has missed much more time than Stew. Stew is not at all injury prone.
2) Stew is one of the league's worst pass blockers. So no, he is not the better pass blocker.

#85 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

DW's fall from hero contract to trade bait is the fastest I can remember. Breathtaking fast.

#86 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

I don't think it was a bad trade. Buffalo was tired of Lynch and his off the field issues.

#87 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 9,166 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

to everyone who say Deangelo has a huge contract- while big- its frontloaded, plus if we take the cap hit it really won't be that expensive for the team we trade to. Furthermore, while 29 Deangelo has spent his entire career splitting careers with someone. He is more like a 26 year old back in my mind.

I really hope we don't screw the pooch and trade him for peanuts. I won't lie, I wish Hurney was still here to oversee this one...

#88 panthernation23

panthernation23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

i think the question is in these arguments is this....

if a contending Superbowl contender that needs a good running back to have a legit shot at the Lombardi, what are they willing to trade

many teams are weak at RB giants, cowboys, Detroit, packers, NE, chargers that would greatly improve there chances in playoff games if they had D-Will . What are those teams willing to trade away to have a far better off chance of winning the Superbowl in the next 3 years(D Will's lifespan in the NFL most likely). This is where it would be most logical to see D Will get traded to.

let the biding war begin

#89 panthers34

panthers34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

Ik this would never happen but it would be sweet if we traded him for Randall Cobb

#90 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Nflpanthers07

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

This board pisses me off now with these dumb ass posts...again Rivera and panthers said hes staying. Jeeeeesyus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.