Chris Carter seems to love to compare RG3's second year to Cam. And I noticed some Redskins fans are clinging on to this line/hope as well. But I say NO! They're some big differences (some of them have been mentioned above) between them.
1) Cam doesn't throw teammates under the bus
2) Cam actually improved during this second year, especially as the year progressed, hit the mid point season
3) Cam actually excels in a conventional NFL offense. RG3 (at this point) absolutely CANNOT!!!!!!!!!
Note: As we all know: A major problem Cam's second year, was going away from conventional NFL sets. Him improving, also included going back to them. RG3 can't function with out motion, the pistol, excessive trickery, and a strong run game.
4) Cam is very Humble, and always gives the oft stated "Brady/Brees/Manning Humility" when his team wins, and confessional/apologies when he loses, makes a bad play. i.e., he takes ownership. Always! Even at the risk of scrutiny from a perpetually lurking media ready to exploit for the latest non controversy.
5) Most of the poo the media said about Cam last year was overblown and fishing. Meanwhile, RG3 has given them seemingly a new basket of delectable treats and controversies to chew practically every day (since last year, when threw Kirk Cousins underneath the bus, and fought with his coach during the playoffs). This doesn't include the Cam comments/comparison, and other stuff which took place before the playoffs. Unfortunately, most of this was underreported (though it was simmering and present) last year, but it's all come out this year in an Avalance with his and the teams poor play.
6) Cam's back up is not taking his job anytime soon. Though the Redskins maybe loathe to do it; ultimately Kirk Cousins may be the better QB in DC for the long run???? I think (though it's never mentioned), this may have something to do with RG3's surliness when he struggles (along with his Diva personality). .
7) Along with personally improving after the midpoint season, Cam's team may actually have a better record to end his second season (Redskins are 3-8 now).
8) Cam got most of his stats, when it counted (win or lose in most games). Most of RG3's big stats this year, have come in ULTRA GARBAGE TIME, when the Skins were out of contention; many times after the first quarter!!!!!!
We can go on and on. But I will stop here. You get the point, picture. Lol
So their 2nd years maybe similar on the surface Chris Carter. But they were not the same, and certainly for different reasons (if they could be compared) under closer scrutiny. That's just lazy ESPN Journalism we've unfortunately grown accustomed to.