#106 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,683 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

He rewrote the NFL record book...

Not Cam's fault no one wants to acknowledge he is a young QB and irregardless of how good he can be.....shouldn't have the load and expectations of an elite QB this early.

This is true but unfortunately it has exactly no bearing on Griffin's quote. Griffin didn't diss cam - he said he wanted to be compared to the best. I'll bet you 10/10 QBs in this league who aren't one of the top two or three would prefer the same thing.

Cam is a 2nd year QB who is struggling in his 2nd year (for whatever reason) after a statistically spectacular first year. I support him, I like him, I think he's the future of this franchise, I think with proper coaching and leadership he will be one of those QBs that youngsters want to be. I don't think he's earned that right now and I don't blame Griffin one bit for saying what he said.

Hell this is only even a story because the media at large has a hard-on for showing Cam in a negative light whenever possible.

#107 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationLakeland, FL

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

Someone needs to put this quote in Cam's suggestion box. Perfect bulletin board materia
For Cam. RG3 doesnt respect you, now come out and play your best game of the year and make him want to be compared to u!

#108 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

I didnt take it as a diss, and had no problem with what Bob said. That being said, Cam needs to ball out and put on a performance in DC. And the team around him needs to step up the most. AND THE COACHING STAFF! It's been over a month, time to stop the got damn bleeding.

#109 Meangelo

Meangelo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Look at Cams numbers, he is still as elite as last year you dumb fug.

I don't think he was elite last year. He is an overhyped running quarterback. He didn't pass for over 300 yards after week 4. He didn't win games. He threw a lot of interceptions etc etc. Seriously, get used to what you are seeing. The kid is not a winner. I've asked this before and I will ask it again, when was the last time you saw a me-first quarterback lead his team to consistent success on the field?

If he was on the Buccs, you guys would be saying the exact same poo I am saying, that he is selfish, stupid, arrogant and immature. Trust me, half of Atlanta thought Vick would change the game. Hope in one hand and poo in the other, tell me which one fills up first.

#110 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

I don't think he was elite last year. He is an overhyped running quarterback. He didn't pass for over 300 yards after week 4. He didn't win games. He threw a lot of interceptions etc etc. Seriously, get used to what you are seeing. The kid is not a winner. I've asked this before and I will ask it again, when was the last time you saw a me-first quarterback lead his team to consistent success on the field?

If he was on the Buccs, you guys would be saying the exact same poo I am saying, that he is selfish, stupid, arrogant and immature. Trust me, half of Atlanta thought Vick would change the game. Hope in one hand and poo in the other, tell me which one fills up first.

Posted Image

#111 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Who cares. Cam would probably rather be compared to Super Bowl winners too.

I don't know the context of the statement. If he takes offense to being compared to other young qbs then scre that guy, but if what he meant was that he hopes to be compared with the best soon then it's a non story.

#112 wcuCATZ

wcuCATZ

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Just off the top of my head, here are some me first quarterbacks that have won multiple super bowls in recent history.

Ben Roethlisberger- you know the one that put his sexual desires over the will of a young lady. I seriously don't think it gets more me first than that

Eli Manning- who demanded a trade and refused to play for SD. Pretty me first IMO.

Let's compare those two to Cam. Who came to carolina and quickly signed his rookie deal, who regardless of what you might think has NEVER thrown his teammates or coaches under the bus, who imbraced Charlotte and has not had one off the field since his arrival as a panther.

So fug off you trolling twat.

#113 Meangelo

Meangelo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

Just off the top of my head, here are some me first quarterbacks that have won multiple super bowls in recent history.

Ben Roethlisberger- you know the one that put his sexual desires over the will of a young lady. I seriously don't think it gets more me first than that

Eli Manning- who demanded a trade and refused to play for SD. Pretty me first IMO.

Let's compare those two to Cam. Who came to carolina and quickly signed his rookie deal, who regardless of what you might think has NEVER thrown his teammates or coaches under the bus, who imbraced Charlotte and has not had one off the field since his arrival as a panther.

So fug off you trolling twat.

What was Roethlisberger convicted of?

Eli Manning didn't want to play Marty ball. That wasn't selfish, it was intelligent. Have you ever heard anything about Eli being me first in New York? I thought so.

Cam has never thrown his teammates or coaches under the bus? Bwahahahahahahaha

#114 salafi73

salafi73

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

That be real its was a diss... watch the video. I was listening to the drive and they were saying how RG3 right now doesn't want to be compared to Cam because he thinks he better than Cam right now as rookie. They also went on to say if it wasn't for Cam doing what he did last year RG3 wouldn't have been drafted so high. This is also not the first time I have felt that he has dissed Cam. In same interview he talks about staying grounded so he won't have to be humbled. Cam has said on numerous occasions that this season has been humbling.

#115 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,812 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

Who wants to be compared to the 28th ranked QB in the NFL? RGIII is up at the top of the QB ratings along with guys like Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and Matt Ryan.

This.

I don't see anything wrong with his comment. Cam has been mediocre at best this whole season.

Pains me to say that too. It really does.

#116 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

Shula Bowl Shuffle

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

What was Roethlisberger convicted of?

do you think cam took money to play at auburn?

i know you do because you've made cracks about it. he was cleared by an ncaa investigation you know.

Eli Manning didn't want to play Marty ball. That wasn't selfish, it was intelligent. Have you ever heard anything about Eli being me first in New York? I thought so.

just lol at this. i guarantee if cam held out and demanded a trade from carolina after being drafted, "intelligent" would be the last thing you would have on your mind. that was a total bitch move and having been caught in your own bullshit all you can do is try to rationalize it. even if eli isn't a "me first" quarterback for the giants (he's not) then at the very worst it's proof that a "me first" guy can grow out of it and become a leader. see the following article for more information about your balsa wood and pelican poo argument: http://en.wikipedia....nfirmation_bias

i've been enjoying your amateur sports psychologist dr. phil bullshit about "scam" though. where'd you go to med school?

#117 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

we'll see what he thinks in his 2nd year slums!

#118 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

Shula Bowl Shuffle

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

we'll see what he thinks in his 2nd year slums!

people are blowing loads all over the place over his passer rating and completion percentage but if you actually watch him run the offense it's obvious he's not actually being tasked with reading the defense. it's an offense built on getting the ball out fast to an area of the field-even on mid range and deep passing plays it's clear he only has one or two reads tops which is interesting considering the dichotomy of "stupid newton who runs a dumbed down college offense" and "cerebral griffin who's actually running a pro offense" set up by dumb fug trolls on this web site. not to mention the risk/reward nature of the coryell variant we run vs. a west coast type system the redskins run.

i can't fault the man at all for running the offense his coaches tell him to run. they're clearly better at their jobs than the short bus riding "genius" coordinators we have in the booth.

#119 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

Who wouldn't rather be compared to a better player?

Start acting like men who follow football instead of boys who watch reality television..

#120 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

It wasn't a diss. The media is trying to start poo between Newton and RG3. Newton said the same poo last year about wanting to be in the same category as Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rogers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com