- - - - -

Cams presser 10/31/12

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

Yeah, bc a run in 2003.....means everything after is all good, huh?

We have had flukey success.....that isn't a winning atmosphere.

Jenkins was far from perfect.....but he nailed the vibe in Carolina. Cam hints at it. Even Hurney did. Nice place to live, nice place to collect checks....but we don't have a winning atmosphere.

You know I would say the same damn thing about New Orleans too, but they just recently won a Lombardi.

All that matters is winning Lombardi's and you need to put a lot of hard work and have guys that believe to take you there. Going to the superbowl wasn't a "fluke", a city not having a winning history in professional sports doesn't mean we aren't able to win it all....

#32 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,357 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

Jenkins had his own flaws.

Of course he did.....but people use that as a means to ignore the truth he spoke.

He was hypocritical considering he wasn't always in shape coming into seasons but he was spot on with the vibe.

Hinted at too often by too many....

#33 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,357 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

You know I would say the same damn thing about New Orleans too, but they just recently won a Lombardi.

All that matters is winning Lombardi's and you need to put a lot of hard work and have guys that believe to take you there. Going to the superbowl wasn't a "fluke", a city not having a winning history in professional sports doesn't mean we aren't able to win it all....

We won more games in OT than I think any team in NFL history or some poo....

We are a flukey franchise.....we only win in rare years. That can't be argued.

Payton/Brees have set a new atmosphere in NO. They aren't an example. They are a cocky and arrogant franchise.....starts with their HC. He sets the tone.

#34 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

That's actually a good question, I'd love to get thoughts from the national media gurus on how they think Cam should act after losing...

I thought so too--I think I understand the context. Great question, giving him a chance to respond to his critics of late.

#35 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

This is no way for an icon Or entertainer to act to being in the spotlight

#36 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

.there just isn't a winning vibe here (Cam comments often on how contagious things are).

We finished with a win streak last year and had players talking Super Bowl at the beginning of this year.
It's easy to have a winning vibe when the team isn't losing every week. The vibe usually comes from the results.

#37 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

We beat the fug out of the Redskins, I guarantee that the media, instead of asking "what went into preparation for this game" or "how does it feel to finally be on the winning side of things", they'll ask, "so, what did you do this game, as a player, that you didn't for 6 of the first 7 games this season?"

fug the media. fug every last one of them.

#38 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

You dont win a game for close to 2 months and you expect the " media" to act like everything is raindbows?

#39 Majestic87

Majestic87

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

the team is 1-6 and can't get into the endzone. there's very little reason for confidence right now and there won't be until they can get a couple wins.

he's acting like any normal person would in this situation. if he was acting confident and had some "swagger" going on he would get criticized for that. he's literally in a "can't win" situation.

Truth 3000

#40 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In NC

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

A few wins would certainly help (it would help me too). I just hope someone in the FO in a high place, is talking to Cam, reassuring him that things will be better next year. In the end Cam has to belive we'll get better and the FO has to prove it to him. Oh and BTW Kris Jenkins is history.

#41 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,432 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

He can do do interviews at his locker. Why TF does he do pressers?

#42 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

Listening to him speak is brutal.

#43 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

Exactly. Win a few games and he'll be the media darling again. That's just the way it works.

It is so sad that you even have to post this. I cannot believe how ignorant people are of what drives the media. They follow the winning team's QBs and harp on the losing team's QBs. This is especially true of the ones that made them look completely inept at their supposed careers.

#44 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,500 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

The local media are such nimrods

I want to hear from the horse's mouth what he's learned about the pro-game, not about such irrelevant bologna

#45 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,546 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:45 AM

No winning vibe lol...people forget about how successful we have been in our short history, especially compared to other organizations.

We have been a very below average franchise overall though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com