Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I was staying at the Rio in Vegas during the WSOP final table....

29 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

And didn't get to attend. Had to fly to Chicago. Lame ass poo. Now I'm in Chicgo wearing a Panthers hoodie at a bar. Getting no love what so ever from Bears fans while my 3 and 7 year old are home trick-or-treating. Fug my life.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Wife keeps sending picks of the boys getting candy. Traveling for work is an over rated lonely fugging life.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I feel you brother...life on the road sucks
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='sagaciouspanther' timestamp='1351724953' post='1974232']
I feel you brother...life on the road sucks
[/quote]

Yea it was different when I wasn't married with kids. I've been traveling since I graduated college back in '97. Even met my wife in an airport layover during 9/11. My boys are pretty much used to me being gone which sucks.

Posted · Report post

That sucks bro. Is there no way to get a job not on the road? With your experience and all?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Beric Dondarrion' timestamp='1351725675' post='1974254']
That sucks bro. Is there no way to get a job not on the road? With your experience and all?
[/quote]

Fug no dude. I'm pretty much a retard that can sell. Selling requires traveling. Money is good but quality of life blows.

Posted · Report post

yeah, you feel like you are missing a lot while you are gone and then feel like a stranger when you finally land and get back in the house. Then it takes a while to adjust and feel normal in the household routine but before you can get completely immersed, you are right back on a plane again. Sleeping in a bed that isn't yours.

Hell sometimes when I wake up, I really do wonder where the hell I am. Not fun, and anyone who thinks it is either hasn't done it or is an idiot. The point I realized I traveled alot was when a flight crew started recognizing me and I them.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Beric Dondarrion' timestamp='1351725675' post='1974254']
[/quote]

The more senior you are, the more you have to travel......so goes life
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

In 2000 I had 300 nights in Hampton Inn's LOL. I'm with a different company now thank god. i also wasnt married so i was a traveling drunk asshole and i met hundreds of traveling drunk assholes. my wake up call was when i met this dude that didnt have a home. he traveled from distributor to distributor in a RV and had his paychecks sent to his next sales call. i was like fug that life.

Posted · Report post

I knew SCP traveled, didnt know sagacious did... I couldnt do it...

Posted · Report post

The only positive is I have been fugging everywhere in the US minus the pacific NW.

Posted · Report post

damn.....he was all in....sales guys. FWIW I am a Hilton guy too....you ever stayed at the Hilton by LAX?