Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I was staying at the Rio in Vegas during the WSOP final table....

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Hell biscuit half the time I am talkin to you I am on the road... :cool:

2 people like this

Posted

Yes. FWIW the best biscuits and gravy you'll ever have is at the Hampton Inn in Tupelo, MS if the lady is still alive. I used to schedule my sales calls down there based on biscuit and gravy cravings.

Posted

Haven't been to Tupelo. Been to Jackson though, different world down there. They didn't have any hilton hotels had to stay in a damn Holiday Inn....

The airport was like two rooms, they had one restaurant, well not really a restaurant more like a sandwich stand......

1 person likes this

Posted

Hell biscuit half the time I am talkin to you I am on the road... :cool:

I'm either sitting in my office, or sitting in my recliner...

I travel every once in a while, but only in the Carolinas...

Posted

Well, safe travels sagacious. Perhaps we'll cross paths in an airport.

1 person likes this

Posted

I just came off the road after 2 yrs. I did 3-4 nights a week. Sucked cause my wife was prego, then the baby came and I had to make a change. Luckily now I'm the MFing boss, so I sit in the office everyday. I do miss staying in my Marriotts every week, I miss my bar tenders at the local bars, I miss getting drunk in the concierge lounge of the hotel with other business execs.

SCP, ever watch the movie Up In The Air?

Posted

I'm either sitting in my office, or sitting in my recliner...

I travel every once in a while, but only in the Carolinas...

Bastard...lol

Posted

I just came off the road after 2 yrs. I did 3-4 nights a week. Sucked cause my wife was prego, then the baby came and I had to make a change. Luckily now I'm the MFing boss, so I sit in the office everyday. I do miss staying in my Marriotts every week, I miss my bar tenders at the local bars, I miss getting drunk in the concierge lounge of the hotel with other business execs.

SCP, ever watch the movie Up In The Air?

fug Marriott, my colleague loves them. They don't give you free drinks on the concierge floor like the Hilton does.....thas some bull

Posted

fug Marriott, my colleague loves them. They don't give you free drinks on the concierge floor like the Hilton does.....thas some bull

Bull poo they don't give you free drinks....hell I used to drink obsessive amounts of Crown

Posted

Well, safe travels sagacious. Perhaps we'll cross paths in an airport.

We probably already have and didn't know it. FWIW next time you pass through Hartsfield...go to D concourse, they have a carribean restaraunt that has the best drinks in the southeast. The bartender doesn't usually use the pour thing and she is extremely generous...safe travels to you too my friend

Posted

i turned down some financial advisor jobs simply due to all the travelling. just couldn't with my two kids. of course i probably could have socked away half a mil by now but my girls know me at least.

#rationalization

Posted

Hell I can hardly deal with having my wife and daughter away for a couple days much less what you sales guys have to endure. Props to you guys for hanging in there and supporting your families. I have a lot of sympathy for most of the salespeople who call on me as they usually have quite a large territory and obviously don't get to spend much time with loved ones.