Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chknwing

1st and Goal What Do You Do?

40 posts in this topic

Ok this is just a hypothetical question. But would you feel more comfortable with Cam trying to run it in 3 times, jstew or tolbert trying to run it in 3 times, or pass 3 times. I got to admit, I would feel better and feel like we had a better chance to score if Cam was running it. Thoughts?

Cam

Then Stewart

Then Tolbert

Then Williams

Then passing

Chud however doesn't.....

Cam seems to fumble a lot suddenly. I say put Hartsock in at FB and let Tolbert run it in behind him

Fumble Sunday was really just a great defensive play.....those happen. Perfectly placed helmet hit from a defender Cam wasn't prepped for.

The Atl one.....that was just horrible.

Hard to run with the middle of our Oline as it is

Fumble Sunday was really just a great defensive play.....those happen. Perfectly placed helmet hit from a defender Cam wasn't prepped for.

The Atl one.....that was just horrible.

It was actually the defenders right shoulder... But who's keeping track right?

1 person likes this

1st and goal you say? Punt into the crowd of course... Wouldn't want Devin Hester close to returning anything at all

First and goal from where? The 1 yard line? The 9 yard line? The guys upstairs with the headphones who have been prepping all week and watching the opposing defense's tendencies might just have a say...

Are you facing the Bears or the Bills???

If you are strictly playing to your strengths from any distance more than 2 yards you pass on 1st down...but Newton really struggles in the passing game with a compacted field...if you are the Panthers, you want to stay out of obvious passing situations as much as possible...but you can't always do it.

There was a beautiful call by Chudzinski Sunday on the final Panther drive. 3rd and 1. Fake to Tolbert left...the entire Bear defense sells out...naked bootleg to the right by Newton for 16 yards and a first down. Chud makes that call not because he necessarily has preconceived notions about what MUST work...but because he has been watching the Bear defense and calls what he believes MIGHT work given the Bear's tendencies.

No matter what you call as a coach, if it doesn't work, a certain percentage of fans will call you a fool. And good calls don't always work.

1 person likes this

Cam throwing a damn "FADE" to a damn 6'3" receiver in Brandon Lafail!

Im sick to death that the damn coaches have not develop Cam throwing fades and slants!

Delhomme used to kill the "fade" every weekend to a 5'8" receiver in Steve Smith, and I cant understand why Cam cant throw a damn fade to Lafail at the endzone.

• Topics

• No jarred Norris? No Gino Gradkowski? No Brian Cox Jr, no way.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle
    • Hey @E CaT PanTHer 2. For someone that kind of consistently makes strange remarks about black people, and also proudly voted for and supported Donald Trump, you sure don't seem to mind appropriating black culture when it serves you best.
    • I heard something the other day that made perfect sense to me. I was obviously aware of the Austin craze a few years back when interest began peaking and the real estate market began a recovery long before the rest of the country. Someone said, "Austin is outgrowing Austin." Remember Charlotte in 1990 and what happened over the next 20 years? Very comparable and many of the same issues associate with such rapid economic growth, development and population: real estate, infrastructure (traffic), employment competition, etc.