Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catalyst

Rebuilding Plans

37 posts in this topic

Stephen A Smitt said it best, that when you look at the TB Bucs you see Greg Schiano. When you talk about the Panthers, you see Cam. Rivera is not a leader of men.

He's right on it. For a better example, look at the Saints. You have an All Pro QB in Brees but when you think of the Aints, Sean Payton always come to mind. And not just from the bounty scandals. It's a huge image of both Brees and Payton as the faces of that Franchise. Date back to when Tony Dungy was with Payton also and even now Brady and Belichick.

We need to find that coach who controls and will light a fire under our players! Rivera is not a coach and I believe that he will never get another shot as a HC after his time is up here. We need a coach who will take all the media attention off of Cam. I'm not calling for him and I dont see it happening but a Cowher would do just that.

He's not that "good" anymore. He'll likely never regain his form.

Said the same thing about B. Urlacher. Beason will be fine. I love how a guy gets injuried and automatically he is done. Beason has had a small run of bad luck. For crying out loud we held onto OTAH for 2+ years waiting for him and he was 1/2 the athlete Beason is.

Beason will be fine in 2013.

If you are going to go 3-4 keeping Beason should be a must.

Said the same thing about B. Urlacher. Beason will be fine. I love how a guy gets injuried and automatically he is done. Beason has had a small run of bad luck. For crying out loud we held onto OTAH for 2+ years waiting for him and he was 1/2 the athlete Beason is.

Beason will be fine in 2013.

If you are going to go 3-4 keeping Beason should be a must.

Most people would say, but that was under the Hurney regime that we held onto Otah for so long. I am not most people though. We need to have Beason come back and restructure him just like we did TD. Tell him that he needs to show us he can play while battling for an incentive laden contract. Plus, he is going to have to play at the Will. If he will not make those two concessions, then maybe you think about making moves.

He's not that "good" anymore. He'll likely never regain his form.

Tell that to Takeo Spikes

Why the fug would we cut DA, he's a fine backup...

Tell that to Takeo Spikes

apparently life is easier to deal with when you expect the worst.

1 person likes this

1. Hire a new GM - I think the Panthers will go out this time and find a great talent evaluator. I think Richardson will get somebody who he believes he can trust and put together a good football team. This is what we need, because over the years Marty Hurney wasn't that great at picking talent whether its free agency or the draft other then a select few guys who actually worked out. I think Marc Ross has a great chance at becoming the GM of the Carolina Panthers. I really like Eric Decosta but I think it will be tough to pry him away from Baltimore.

2. Head Coach-Their are plenty guys that I can name who will have a shot at becoming a head coach. This time I want a offensive minded guy to be our head coach. In this case I think David Shaw the Head coach at Stanford should at least get a interview for us about becoming our head coach. I don't want him just because he worked under Jim Harbaugh for many years. I want him because he can developed a QB which is what we need to help groom Cam Newton. He has worked in the pros for a while with the Baltimore Ravens, Oakland Raiders, and Philadelphia Eagles.

Today is the trade deadline.

Richardson chose to fire the general manager BEFORE that deadline, the timing of which made the Panthers organization less prepared to make remedial personnel changes. Even an underperforming Hurney on his way out could have helped throw a bone to the fans with a decent trade OFFER (note: not an actual trade).

For being 1 and 6, there is lots of blame to go around, but a symbolic and poorly timed firing doesn't qualify as leadership, nor does it help our chances of winning the next game, nor does it instill a sense of entertainment value for Panther's fans.

I understand our team has a salary cap problem, but we do have proven-but-underutilized running backs to trade for positions of need. There are other teams who also NEED to make a change, and not a trifling one.

Without a GM its hard to negotiate with Dallas, Arizona, Green Bay, Jacksonville that we need CB,S,OL,TE,DE.

Most people would say, but that was under the Hurney regime that we held onto Otah for so long. I am not most people though. We need to have Beason come back and restructure him just like we did TD. Tell him that he needs to show us he can play while battling for an incentive laden contract. Plus, he is going to have to play at the Will. If he will not make those two concessions, then maybe you think about making moves.

Beasons injuries are no where near the same as TDs. While the option to restructure isn't a bad idea letting a top tier linebacker go because a couple bad breaks isn't a good idea. Your overwhelming desire to cut good talent because of a bad break is what makes teams turn into a decade long loser like Detroit. You are so convinced that Kuechly should remain at MLB that jettisoning our defensive leader is a good idea. Just for giggles who would you bring in as a Free Agent to replace the BEAST?

While I disagree with a lot of this, I appreciate the fact that you put it out there. Nice to see how others are thinking.

I probably disagree most about the Beason comment. He is such a leader. I have met him a few times and every time I am impressed with his charisma and love for the game. Any coach would love to have him and would find a place for him to play.

Our problem in the past with the 4-3 was that our DE rotation sucked. I finally think that with Keiser, Alexander, and Applewhite we have some good depth to rotate in there. I'd still love Lotuleilei but actually think he's more suited for a penetrating DT role in a 4-3 than a straight nose tackle.

I think he could be Suh-esque in his impact here if we take him.

So as of now I'd say keep the 4-3 and use the Giants model...They actually have some really physically imposing LBs to pair with that front. Kiwanuka is basically an extra DE that they play at standup LB along with the rest of the DL.

We need DT, a safety, and another playmaker at receiver...and a coach. Don't get rid of Beason tho he's a leader in the locker room and the field and cutting him IDT helps the cap anyways.

Only way I cut him is if it prevent us from signing an impact player at one of those other aforementioned positions..which IDT it would.

1 person likes this

• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    black-n-blue

1. 1
    2. 2
      SCP
      SCP
    3. 3