Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why didn't we make any moves?

43 posts in this topic

Posted

i'd rather not make any moves we can't take back until we have some semblance of permanency at the FO positions.

2 people like this

Posted

No General Manager. Jesus, some of you need meds.

2 people like this

Posted

We will wait till next year cut Williams and get nothing in return, its the Panther Way

Very possible, but that doesn't mean they didn't try. After all, the other team would have had to accept a high salary and/or DWill would have needed to restructure with the potential new team.

It takes two to tango.

Posted

1 person likes this

Posted

I wonder if we would have made any moves if Hurney was still here...

lol

Posted

Nothing ever happens at the NFL trade deadline besides Moss a few years ago. Nothing seriously ever happens, it's the most stale trade deadline of any sport. ESPN just needs something to hype.

Posted

No General Manager. Jesus, some of you need meds.

Need meds? I think some of us are fans of a team that is currently 1-6 and has the talent to be contending for the superbowl.

I think some of us are pissed off with the way the organization we love is being run and wanted to see any change at all!

The real question is, why the rest of you arn't? learned helplessness I guess........

I guess I am happy to see they were entertaining the idea.

Posted

i'd rather moves be made by the GM and HC that we will probably have coming in.

hurney tried building for the new coaching staff and what you have is the 2010 draft.

who do you trust to make moves? rivera? beane? lol

i'm thinking that sitting on their hands is the safest thing to do right now. i don't think i want them doing anything contractually until we have someone that has a clue what they're doing.

at any rate...did you see a flurry of activity by anyone? mike thomas heading from jaxville to detroit and talib heading from tampa to the pats was the other one. it's just not an avenue anyone really takes very much.

i'm not happy with the way things are, but i don't want some hack GM wannabe making some stupid moves just so fans think they're doing something.

Posted

At 1-6 you're not a buyer, you're a seller. BUT, you only sell if the deal is right. We could still trade or cut _______ (insert name) here in the offseason.

Posted

Nothing ever happens at the NFL trade deadline besides Moss a few years ago. Nothing seriously ever happens, it's the most stale trade deadline of any sport. ESPN just needs something to hype.

Pats traded for A. Talib from the Bucs, but in general, you're right. Very little movement typically happens in season.

Posted

Pats traded for A. Talib from the Bucs, but in general, you're right. Very little movement typically happens in season.

Glad to see that dick heading to the AFC and out of the division, now it's time for Rhonde to rhetire.

Posted

Cant believe the pats didnt want Armanti