#1 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

albeit reluctantly.

a long and very good, even handed discussion of the situation...

http://www.economist...d_ec/which_one_

We very much hope that whichever of these men wins office will prove our pessimism wrong. Once in the White House, maybe the Romney of the mind will become reality, cracking bipartisan deals to reshape American government, with his vice-president keeping the headbangers in the Republican Party in line. A re-elected President Obama might learn from his mistakes, clean up the White House, listen to the odd businessman and secure a legacy happier than the one he would leave after a single term. Both men have it in them to be their better selves; but the sad fact is that neither candidate has campaigned as if that is his plan.
As a result, this election offers American voters an unedifying choice. Many of The Economist’s readers, especially those who run businesses in America, may well conclude that nothing could be worse than another four years of Mr Obama. We beg to differ. For all his businesslike intentions, Mr Romney has an economic plan that works only if you don’t believe most of what he says. That is not a convincing pitch for a chief executive. And for all his shortcomings, Mr Obama has dragged America’s economy back from the brink of disaster, and has made a decent fist of foreign policy. So this newspaper would stick with the devil it knows, and re-elect him.

#2 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,732 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

Does the economist usually endorse candidates? I thought they tried to stay pretty neutral. At least at one time they did.

<former subscriber

#3 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,455 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Yeah and guys on Obamas own "jobs council" are endorsing Romney.

Guess they have seen the Pres in action up close and personal. No, I take that back, they hardly ever met.

#4 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

not always but sometimes...

they are quite neutral politically but very even-handed and very pro-commerce. That's why I think it's interesting.

<current subscriber

#5 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

Yeah and guys on Obamas own "jobs council" are endorsing Romney.

Guess they have seen the Pres in action up close and personal. No, I take that back, they hardly ever met.

Wait, so let me get this straight. There are Republican business leaders on the President's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness, and some of them *gasp* endorsed the Republican nominee? SAY IT AIN'T SO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.