James Anderson - Byron Bell Hangout Video...Guest star Zod

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,656 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

To be honest some of the comments I have heard from Hurney,SSmith and players like Byron make me wonder how Cam is viewed by his team mates.I am starting to get concerned.

lol...our franchise and fanbase is comical. 23 yr old players, 23 games into a career....are NOT suppose to be the real leaders of the team. They are the ones suppose to be growing into the role.....

Concerned? We should be concerned that have a team so void of real leadership that it is one of a billion things put on Cam. Cam doesn't have to time put in (game experience) to walk around and be THE guy. He knows that. Commented on it last year.

#62 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,795 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

Justin Beiber is a Panther Fan?

#63 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

Do we know who had their t.v on?

#64 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,610 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

lol...our franchise and fanbase is comical. 23 yr old players, 23 games into a career....are NOT suppose to be the real leaders of the team. They are the ones suppose to be growing into the role.....

Concerned? We should be concerned that have a team so void of real leadership that it is one of a billion things put on Cam. Cam doesn't have to time put in (game experience) to walk around and be THE guy. He knows that. Commented on it last year.

If you would read what I wrote you will notice nothing is mentioned regarding leadership.

#65 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:16 AM

Whole lotta honkies...

#66 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,729 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

Zod was treating those other guys like idiots, lol.

Other Guy - "Hello?"
Zod - "Hi"

Tone of voice said it all.

#67 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

Well I'm already in next week's hangout. Anyone have questions they want asked?

#68 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Well I'm already in next week's hangout. Anyone have questions they want asked?

I'll have some for you after the Redskins game. When does he announce the guest star?

#69 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• HUDDLER
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

Everyone has known my stance on Cam from day one, but that was troubling to hear. Bell was an awesome guest as well - awesome demeanor and presence, and good sense of humor. But, when Zod asked him about Cam specifically and he said "well, he talks more than he did last year... He comes and talks to us in the our meetings sometimes..." It sounded like he was saying they felt honored that he talked to them, like it felt like a privilege when you get to interact with him.

I'm sure that's not how he meant it, but it certainly came off like that to a degree. No sense in fans worrying about it because that won't change anything, I just hope and pray he grows into the leadership role as he matures. Eli wasn't confident but had the same issues early on, once he started stringing plays together and tasted sustained success it completely changed his outlook and leadership for the better.

I actually like this answer. I don't feel it is a slam or disrespect to Cam. After-all Cam is in his 2nd year, so I think the answer might not be too telling. It would have been nice to hear him say Cam but realistically it the state the Panthers are in, they truly might be leaning on the veteran leadership of Gross & Smith during these heartbreaking loses.

Just a thought, but I could be wrong

Food for thought.

Matt Ryan was chosen as team captain in his second year
Matt Stafford was chosen as team captain in his second year
Mark Sanchez was chosen as team captain in his second year on game to game basis
Josh freeman was chosen as team captain in his second year
Blaine gabbert was chosen as team captain in his second year
Jake locker was chosen as team captain in his second year

The only QBs who have not been chosen as team captains after their first year since the 2009 draft have been Sam bradford, Christian ponder and cam Newton. All teams had veterans on their teams.

I think it's also worth noting that last year was the first year smith had been voted a team captain for the panthers, so I don't quite buy in that he is ever present leader that can't be supplanted.

#70 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

I'll have some for you after the Redskins game. When does he announce the guest star?

Not very long in advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com