65 replies to this topic

#46 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,599 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

This is actually a legit thread OP. I think there is also a lot of talent on this team, I think the problem is the player's failure to execute makes every game really, really tight, and then we lose and it magnifies the coaching mistakes and gaffes. That's why people are pissed at the coaches.

#47 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,583 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

My expectations for the season was 8-8.My expectations for the defense given our roster was sitting around 15th in the league where is right where we are.My expectations for the offense was to be where it was last year but I was concerned about not signing Shockey.

My disappointment fall with all coaches, Cam, and the OL.

The bright side if there is one is with the development in our young cbs,,Luke,Alexander.
I think the aspect that took everyone by surprise is the coaching.I know I had much higher expectations especially on offense.The positive thing we are a few players short of being decent but this may not happen until we upgrade our coaching staff

#48 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:11 AM

OP, agree with much of what you said. Though, I can't bring myself to applaud the efforts of a 1-6 team when they could easily be 5-2.

I agree that vets haven't done a great job taking over games this year. Not sure why guys that have been NFL stars for years, have suddenly declined. I can only come up with coaching. Either the coaches aren't cutting it (putting them in the best position to succeed), or we're not as talented as we thought we were. And that's not just fans. The team thought they were talented enough to be SB contenders early on this season. Were they this far off?

The real reason for the current chaos... Unfortunately, the Panthers allowed a first time HC with a defensive background, to come in with a rookie QB. It was a recipe for disaster from the beginning, and will be used an example to GMs for years to come. Once we teach our young star QB how to finish games, this team will be perennial contenders. I'm not sure Rivera can do that. I think he'd be more successful if he were at Denver.

It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

#49 zoom

zoom

Backup GM

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationOak RIdge, NC

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:16 AM

Keeping the Panther Pride, in Galveston, Texas.

I've wondered the same thing. Primarily I'm a Titans fan (Houston native here, hello Galveston!). Panthers are my #2 Unit.

While the Titans were getting trounced when they lost, the Panthers were getting edged out. To me that seems a step closer to arriving.

Don't understand the calling for Rivera's head et al.

The offense is aging though so better get it into gear as Newton enters his prime.

#50 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,307 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:26 AM

This thread is just another in a long list of threads that shows just how ignorant the average poster is on this board has become.

We have become over-run with 12 yo's and the mentally challenged.

Thisonce was a good place for Panthers/Football discussion....now it is more like an after school program for 2nd graders.

That is all.

#51 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:38 AM

This thread is just another in a long list of threads that shows just how ignorant the average poster is on this board has become.

We have become over-run with 12 yo's and the mentally challenged.

Thisonce was a good place for Panthers/Football discussion....now it is more like an after school program for 2nd graders.

That is all.

I started to prune this thread of the worthless responses, then I realized why it turned sour to begin with.

Pantherclaw writes a redundant post that is not very thoughtful and pretends to ask for sincere opinions. Opinions are given. Pantherclaw then proceeds to tell them how worthless their opinions are.

All in all it was like watching a retarded bonobo masturbate, only less stimulating.

#52 Bob NC

Bob NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

Nevermind

#53 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

in the end, no one really cares how well a team plays in a loss.

the same way they play to win the game, we watch to see them win.

when you watch a team consistently lose, they suck...no matter how promising they may appear to be.

#54 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

NFL Football games come down to a handfull of plays. Unfotunately, I have no faith in this coaching staff to get these players in the position to make those plays.

That is the sole reason I want this coaching staff, not team, blown up.

This team is a new coaching staff and a rebuilt o-line from winning.

Heck, even with the limitations on them with respect to the coaching staff, they could still easily have wins over the Bears, Seahawks, Falcons, and Cowboys. This is not a 1-6 football team. Unfotunately, it is a 1-6 coaching staff.

#55 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,297 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

bring it...or shut the fug up tough guy

You and TCF should have a competition for tallest Huddle midget

#56 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

They haven't been playing as well as I expected, so no.

#57 panthers34

panthers34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

The run blocking has been terrible this year

#58 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

Posted Image

#59 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• HUDDLER
  • 4,630 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

Having watched every game in team history, This team is the most perplexing. 2001 was gut wrenching with the way we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, and 2010 was unwatchable, kinda like a train wreck in slow motion.

This team doesnt even move the needle. My interest is so low in this team for reasons i cant illustrate. For the first time in my life, i find my self not caring about panther games.

And the thought of not caring makes me so angry that i almost force myself to watch these "games" as a somewhat sadistic punishment furthering the lack of passion for a team that I have loved and cheered for more than 17 years.

Im totally at a loss for words at what is going on in Charlotte.....

I'm dead inside.

#60 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,265 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

Having watched every game in team history, This team is the most perplexing. 2001 was gut wrenching with the way we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, and 2010 was unwatchable, kinda like a train wreck in slow motion.

This team doesnt even move the needle. My interest is so low in this team for reasons i cant illustrate. For the first time in my life, i find my self not caring about panther games.

And the thought of not caring makes me so angry that i almost force myself to watch these "games" as a somewhat sadistic punishment furthering the lack of passion for a team that I have loved and cheered for more than 17 years.

Im totally at a loss for words at what is going on in Charlotte.....

I'm dead inside.

Have you thought about an Exorcism?

I may not be as excited as I was during Training Camp. I am however, still excited about the future. It may not be enough to heal the dead, but it works for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.