66 replies to this topic

#1 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:39 AM

Post your final predictions for Tuesday night. Who wins and what states go which way? The map calculator is available at http://www.270towin.com and allows you to post a direct link to your scenario.

I predict an Obama win in the electoral college, but a much closer popular vote total. Romney could possibly win the popular vote, especially with the possibility of so many people in NYC unable to vote.

I'm still a little iffy on Virginia and Colorado, but the last poll I saw has Obama with very slim leads so I'll go with those. Romney's ahead in North Carolina and Florida pretty solidly - or at least enough that he should win out in those states.

Posted Image

In the House of Representatives, the GOP should keep control despite a few democratic gains.

In the Senate, the democrats should come out with a 53-47 majority assuming independent Angus King of Maine winds up caucusing with them.

I also predict Pat McCrory is going to win the N.C. Governor's race in a relative landslide.

#2 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

i think this is the same as nate silver's current projection so i think i'm going to go with that because he's pretty good

i predict a bad concession speech and someone yelling something overtly racist from the crowd during it

i also predict the word "impeachment" to be used at least once on fox news after the race has been called for obama

#3 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:42 AM

The right wingers are going to go batshit when Obama wins. They're actually under the impression that Romney's going to win in some kind of landslide and take Pennsylvania, Michigan, Minnesota, Connecticut, Oregon, New Mexico, Maine, and New Jersey.

I even saw someone post something on facebook about the polls prior to 1980 showing Carter ahead of Reagan by 11 points and using it to compare this race and bash the polls.

Not only do I think Obama is going to win out, but the democrats should gain a Senate seat or two AND a handful of House seats. For all their rhetoric, the GOP could be very disappointed on Wednesday morning.

#4 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:07 AM

Mine came up this way:

Romney 296
Obama 242

Besides NC, FL, VA, I gave Romney OH, WI, IA, and one in Maine

#5 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

I'll be stunned if Romney wins Wisconsin or Iowa.

#6 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,089 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

Post your final predictions for Tuesday night. Who wins and what states go which way? The map calculator is available at http://www.270towin.com and allows you to post a direct link to your scenario.

I predict an Obama win in the electoral college, but a much closer popular vote total. Romney could possibly win the popular vote, especially with the possibility of so many people in NYC unable to vote.

I'm still a little iffy on Virginia and Colorado, but the last poll I saw has Obama with very slim leads so I'll go with those. Romney's ahead in North Carolina and Florida pretty solidly - or at least enough that he should win out in those states.

Posted Image

In the House of Representatives, the GOP should keep control despite a few democratic gains.

In the Senate, the democrats should come out with a 53-47 majority assuming independent Angus King of Maine winds up caucusing with them.

I also predict Pat McCrory is going to win the N.C. Governor's race in a relative landslide.

Same as yours, except that Romney wins Virginia and the Senate will be 52-48. The Auto bailouts win re-election for Obama as they help Obama win Ohio.

#7 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

I'll be stunned if Romney wins Wisconsin or Iowa.

The real toss ups are Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio. Don't be stunned if they go either way.

Many reports out there about the "new" firewall for the President. I figure it will be a long night Tuesday night.

#8 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,089 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:35 AM

Not only do I think Obama is going to win out, but the democrats should gain a Senate seat or two AND a handful of House seats.

You do realize there are significantly more Democratic seats up for grabs in the Senate than republican? And in places like Montana, North Dakota, and Indiana. While the republicans aren't going to gain as many as they might have had they have due to the idiotic comments in Indiana and Missouri, they still will likely gain one or two Senate seats.

#9 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

I would say the foot in mouth disease that Repubs have had over the last couple of months will probably keep them from winning the Senate.

Probably be a 51-49 deal.

House within 4-5 votes of statying the same.

Romney as the 45th pres and will accomplish a lot as he brings Senate Dems from Montana, W Va over on many issues and Joe Lieberman. If they get close, he will still do well.

Again, just like the draft, fun to project.

#10 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,998 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

I fully expect Obama to win again.

There are just too many Americans who don't pay taxes, are getting gov't entitlements, and don't want that to change....especially when all of them expect someone else to foot the bill.

Why would they every NOT vote Democrat.

#11 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,194 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:10 AM

Posted Image

#12 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

I pray for the sake of the country that it is not a 269 tie.

Lawyers for months

#13 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,993 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:46 AM

Mine came up this way:

Romney 296
Obama 242

Besides NC, FL, VA, I gave Romney OH, WI, IA, and one in Maine

Oh this is going to be funny

#14 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,993 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

I fully expect Obama to win again.

There are just too many Americans who don't pay taxes, are getting gov't entitlements, and don't want that to change....especially when all of them expect someone else to foot the bill.

Why would they every NOT vote Democrat.

Which is outweighed by the 56% of Americans who have anti black sentiments.

#15 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,074 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

did they ever figure out the # of racist whites who did vote for Obama in the last election?

Obama wins going away. His record speaks for itself to the point where he just had to do some window dressing for a few more votes on Letterman, MTV, The View, Law and Order and I think he also made an appearance on Bar Rescue. Which really made sense because he is a beer guy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com