Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Official Panthers - Redskins prediction thread

61 posts in this topic

27-21 Redskins. This team has caught losingitis.

The Panthers have a good chance at an upset Sunday but the Skins are simply playing better football than the Panthers at this point of the season. Until Cam Newton proves that he can be a leader of this team, they will will continue to struggle.

The only problem is they have an aging Santana Moss, and no real other threats at WR. Garcon's injury was huge for them.

Garcon's injury was huge even before the Davis injury and now its massive. The only hope is that we have a bye after you and they think he may play after that but Im not sold. The only hope this week is that we have Aldrick Robinson who is the fastest guy on our roster and they say they will play him more this week.

He was like our 5th wr after camp but he was also Garcon's backup. Therefore when the 1st game of the year came and Garcon got hurt, he is the guy we put at the #1wr spot even though he was 5th on the depth chart. Sure enough he filled in great with 4 catches for 52 yards and a TD in 3 quarters of play with a long of 29 yards.

The next game he got the start and had 2 catches for 40 yards which doesnt seem great but looking back at it now, those are pretty good numbers compared to what the rest of our guys are getting consistently. The problem is he missed 2 blocks which is huge. Our WR's are mostly all big and great blockers which helps our running game. He missed those 2 and he dropped a bomb late that probably wouldve won the game for us.

After that he immideatly dropped down to the #5 spot again, even getting passed over by a new guy. Then a couple of games later he had that crazy pre game incident when he got a concussion in warmups.

Last week came and he finally got another shot. RG3 threw a perfect deep ball down the sidelines. The defender probably had a step on him but the kid showed a Randy Moss type burst to run past him. It looked like a TD but the defender made some crazy one hand play where it was ruled an int until overturned for hitting the ground.

The replay showed though that the defender was holding his arm so he only had one had to catch it with. Still shouldve made the catch but the fact is he's the only guy besides Garcon who couldve even been in that position. I think he either starts or gets a ton of playing time and we will try to hit some deep shots with him. He's really small though and thats the downfall

Skins 31

Panthers 17

Rg3 225 yards passing, 1 passing TD, 1 rushing TD, 67 yards rushing

Their RB goes for 100 yards

Cam 300+ yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 fumble

Stew 16 carries, 56 yards, 1 TD reception

Im confident our D will make Bob look a lot better than Cameron. Im confident Washingtons D will step up and make plays. There gonna show us how a defense rallies behind their leader.

definitely misread that the first time through...

Anyways my prediction, Smitty gets first TD reception of the year and he double dips

Smitty 127 2 TDs

Cam 298 2TDS

Stew 94 1 TD

Panthers 27- Skins 17

Skins win a shoot out. Score doesn't matter. Cam and RGIII shine. You guys cry foul when they pay more attention to RGIII during the game and after the game in the media. Cam helps me win my FF game.

We have to stop the run first and foremost....we played well against the number one D in the NFL so I'm confident that we can score on the skins porous D. I'm worried about our defense matching up against griffin/Morris

There is no team or fan base that I despise more than Washington. Growing up in VA, I have hated them for years.

As much as I want to pick the Panthers, I just can't do it. They are the 'Bad News Bears'. They will find a way to blow this game.

It is really going to come down to Newton and the Oline. The Oline, well.... Newton...welll. For whatever the reason, when it matters, they fall down, miss blocks, drop passes, fumble, stupid penalities, over throw by a mile, turnovers in the red zone...just name it....score one TD instead of the FG last week the panthers win the game..that's not asking a lot..I have no confidence. I believe what Rivera and company have done to this offense alone is justifiable termination.

Redskins 34, Panthers 17 and RG III will have his crowning as the greatest rookie QB ever in the press.

...and I, will drink heavily...and do the ' but but but wait until next year...' wail.

1 person likes this

We've lost by 1, 2, 4, 5, 6. So We either lose by 3 or we win by 7

1 person likes this

Panthers 24, Redskins 21

well, maybe?

If the D plays as well as it has been we win by 10.

If the O actually shows up. We win by 17.

We're cursed. I can no longer predict wins or losses with this team, like said earlier we have losingitis. We just don't know how to win.

34-31 Redskins, in another heartbreaker. Everything will be RG3 > Cam related for a week.

I think our team will rally around Cam and for a least 1 week Cam will be greater than RG III. Louis Murphy will hold onto the ball and he Smitty and Olsen will all have good days. Panthers win 28-17.