Photo
* * - - - 2 votes

If you vote straight ticket. That should be instaban from the Huddle.

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#16 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,222 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

so stirs, hatter and g5, which democrats do you plan on voting for?

I am actually only voting for President and Governor in this election.

I have not had the time to do sufficient homework on any of the other elections....and I refuse to vote for someone without knowing what they stand for.

#17 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,304 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

Only a couple of Dem county commisioners

Left a couple judges blank because I did not know enough about either to endorse.

And you guys? What pubs are you voting for speaking of callouts?

#18 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,670 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

That's too easy...ask them to name a republican not named Pat McCrory they're voting for.

News and Observer endorsed McCrory the first time and Bev still got elected...soo...I blame Bev on Obamabots.

#19 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,994 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

Just as Amendment 1 was passed because it was voted on during the republican primary.

Kiss my ass

The same day as the Dem primary? Or are you saying the gubernatiorial race, for example, doesn't matter?

Try being unaffiliated... the only choice on my ballot was Amendment 1.

#20 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

well living in NYC, there are literally only 3 pubs on the ticket (outside of presidential election.) Two of those are senator and rep, both of which I'm actually happy with Gilibrand/ Nadler... the third (a civil court judge) is running unapposed as both a dem and a pub... which is strange... so I guess I'll vote for her as pub. Plus I'll be voting libertarian in the presidential.

#21 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,529 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

pstall instituting his soft power once again. lol

i bang this drum at work all the time as well. they go man i have to wait in line and i don't have time and I stop them and go, you have to wait 4 more years so whats so hard about a few more mins in the booth?

#22 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,709 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

I just found this looking for my ballot...

https://www.google.c...ions/ed/us/vote

Pretty cool info...

I would probably vote for Gary Johnson if it wasn't a wasted vote... idk who I'm voting for for Pres yet but I'm leaning towards Romney now.

I'm voting for McIntyre (D) for Congress because he's done a decent job and Rouzer ® is a douche.

I'm voting for Coleman (D) for Leut Gov.

I'm voting for McCrory ® for Gov.

I'm voting R for NC Sec of State because I don't think Elaine Marshall has done a good job.

Probably voting for Atkinson (D) for Super of PI (I need to ask my wife on this one)

I'm voting for Goolsby ® for State Senate

Unsure on state house, need more research

Mixed on County Commish, some D and some R

No clue on the judges, need to look into it...

Mixed bag with me... I don't ever, ever vote straight ticket.

#23 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,222 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

Voted Democrat for Lt Governor. Voted McCrory for Governor and think the Dem counter-balance at Lt Gov would be a good thing.

#24 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

I am actually only voting for President and Governor in this election.

I have not had the time to do sufficient homework on any of the other elections....and I refuse to vote for someone without knowing what they stand for.

This is all I'm doing as well.

I'll vote for Pres/Gov and if there are any bond packages up for vote.

I'll probably vote against Pittenger too because he's the piece of poo trying to push through the unneeded Gaston toll road to increase the value of land he's acquired.

#25 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,529 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

tensor glad you are on that about pittenger. to me, that is so disgusting and has gone on for too long in nc. i say ANYtime a road etc is being tossed out, then if there is any part of collusion or another conflict of interest, that junk needs to be made public.

#26 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

If I could vote a straight libertarian ticket, I likely would. That said, this year it was 2 libertarians, 10 republicans, 3 democrats and the rest non-affiliated

#27 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

I've found this to help me get started the past few elections: http://www.ncvoterguide.org/

#28 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,994 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

I know I'm voting Larry Kissell.

I'm not a big fan of Pat McCrory since he's just another politician eager to spend other people's money. I like Barbara Howe, but lets face it, I'd be wasting a vote on her. Does Walter Dalton even have an agenda other than the cliches about community colleges?

Dan Forest seems a good pick for Lt. Governor. If this were any other election and the economy wasn't #1 on my mind, I would vote Linda Coleman for education reform.

As far as president, the thought of Obama or Romney sickens me. But I'd be wasting a vote on Gary Johnson.

...this is why I didn't vote early. Of the 4 important elections, I'm only decided on 2.

#29 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

The same day as the Dem primary? Or are you saying the gubernatiorial race, for example, doesn't matter?

um there was one significant difference between the two primaries that might have affected turnout just a little

#30 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,314 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

I voted mostly Republican for the federal and state offices. Only exception to that was that I didn't vote for Virginia Foxx in the congressional district because I think she is a fool. Didn't vote for her opponent either, just skipped that portion of the ballot. Voted for a couple of democrats in the local elections, and one libertarian, one democrat, and one republican for county commissioner.

IMO, the local elections have a greater impact on me than the national ones anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com