Photo
* * - - - 2 votes

If you vote straight ticket. That should be instaban from the Huddle.

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#46 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

it appears that james is the only democrat with enough fortitude to post his convictions. the rest know enough about their own hypocrisy of intellectual honesty not to put themselves out there

I'm sure you and some libertarians had a fun little circle jerk while you talked about how much of a difference you made while wasting your vote. Oh thats right you could only waste a couple votes on libertarian candidates because they arent a real party and have no local candidates.

Wow, this part where we just make insulting blanket assumptions about others is a lot more fun than making real points!

#47 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,477 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

I'm sure you and some libertarians had a fun little circle jerk while you talked about how much of a difference you made while wasting your vote. Oh thats right you could only waste a couple votes on libertarian candidates because they arent a real party and have no local candidates.

Wow, this part where we just make insulting blanket assumptions about others is a lot more fun than making real points!

You keep on voting for the lesser of evils... how is that working out for you?

#48 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

You keep on voting for the lesser of evils... how is that working out for you?

Says the guy who cast 13 votes for Dems/ Reps

How is stereotyping all liberals going for you?

#49 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

Well hell.
If having kids doesn't require intelligence, forethought, planning, and careful deliberation...why the hell should we expect voting to be held to a higher standard?

Vote for whomever the hell you want, straight ticket, mix-n-match, or libertarian cool guy I'm-smarter-than-you (like I will)....whatever.

Just glad people vote.

#50 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,477 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

Says the guy who cast 13 votes for Dems/ Reps

How is stereotyping all liberals going for you?

apparently the stereotype is living up to its billing

#51 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,419 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Well hell.
If having kids doesn't require intelligence, forethought, planning, and careful deliberation...why the hell should we expect voting to be held to a higher standard?

Conform or be cast out....

Vote for whomever the hell you want, straight ticket, mix-n-match, or libertarian cool guy I'm-smarter-than-you (like I will)....whatever.

Just glad people vote.

#52 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

Just glad people vote.

Ignorant voting is a bad thing. Just like ignorant pregnancy.

#53 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,143 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

I voted straight ticket (except for Jason Bateman :)) but did not hit the button. I individually selected each person....they just happened to be all Dems this year. (voted McCrory in the last election but not this time)

#54 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,281 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

Well hell.

Just glad people vote.

An ignorant electorate is why we get the 30 second ads out the wazoo. If you have no clue, then, they will try to get the cool guy vote, smarter than you vote, etc.

People make a mockery of voting. I would like people to be able to tell someone why they voted for whom they voted. Don't care if you disagree with me, just know what the heck you are doing.

#55 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

The alternative would be requiring things like proper id, intelligence testing, voter education, etc.

While I would be in favor of the above mentioned ideas, they run rather counter to our country as a welcoming of all the world's downtrodden.

When you have had the kind of day I have had, I tend to agree with you.

Again, it is a balance of what makes this country great, and what frustrates the hell out of me.

Apathy makes me a bit more sad.

#56 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,118 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

I voted straight ticket (except for Jason Bateman :)) but did not hit the button. I individually selected each person....they just happened to be all Dems this year. (voted McCrory in the last election but not this time)

Posted Image

Yeah, same here and I don't see anything wrong with it. I pretty much know for a fact I put more research into my vote than most people here. Especially ones who think they're brilliant philosophers because they randomly filled in the "other" party for mostly meaningless positions.

I've never voted straight ticket before this election but that's just how it turned out.

#57 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,419 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

i bet if i did a blind side by side comparison of the candidates with NO names or the R or D some of you guys vote would go the other way.

in fact i might do that later tonight.

across the street from my school/precinct was a dude holding a sign that said "VOTE OR COBRA WINS" and the dude was dressed as Cobra Commander and the dude was dancing out in front of his house. hilarious.

#58 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

Posted Image

#59 jake14wl

jake14wl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

I did not vote for President. Obama & Romney are both bad news. Neither are fit to be President & whoever gets elected will continue to ruin our country. If you actually want one of them to be President then you have a very low IQ.

I voted for Pat McCrory & then all of the local candidates. Those are the only ones that have an immediate impact on me & I actually know enough about the candidates to make an informed decision. Couldn't tell you how many Republicans or Democrats I voted for as party affiliation is meaningless to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com