Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is Rivera failing as a head coach?

57 posts in this topic

Posted

Most on the board might disagree with me. But I still feel Rivera deserves one more year if he can at least win 4 or 5 out of the theft 9 games.

The DEF is playing pretty damn good, I would have given my left nut to have this DEF playing how it is now in 2011.

I also think that having a crappy GM, who IMO mismanaged the salary cap, left this team with too many holes for a rookie HC to be successful and that carried over into the this year also.. We have lost A LOT of close games over the last 2 years. But at least we have been competitive.

With a new GM coming to town, if he wants to hire a whole new coaching staff, I think that would put us back at square 1. Players learning new systems will have growing pains, and I think we would have the same complaints about the new HC as we do about RR now.

Posted

With a new GM coming to town, if he wants to hire a whole new coaching staff, I think that would put us back at square 1. Players learning new systems will have growing pains, and I think we would have the same complaints about the new HC as we do about RR now.

You should probably prepare to be disappointed then, because new GM's almost always bring in coaches they are familiar with and trust. The odds of Rivera surviving a change in GM's are very, very low.

Posted

Lack of in game adjustments and a lot of in game coaching errors as in mismanagement of time outs, and the good ole Medlock 50 yard field goal.

Posted

Some people aren't meant to be head coaches. There is always risk with giving the job to a coordinator.

Posted

Some people aren't meant to be head coaches. There is always risk with giving the job to a coordinator.

There is a significant risk with anyone.

Posted

Riveras failure is a combination of a bad Personal department and bad game planning and adjustments. There was a reason Rivera did not get a job from other teams. We took a chance on him and it backfired.

Posted

this team could be 4-3 or 5-2 if "a" player would have made "a" play at a crucial time in the game.

and the plays were there to be made.

as bad as some of you say the coaching is.........we've been in all but the NYG game.

I'm not ready to fire RR or McD yet............ Chud is another story

1 person likes this

Posted

As much as I hate to say this, we just don't have the players to win. We have a good core group that could be the start of something(stew, cam, kalil, keuchly). The rest need to be phased out with free agents and better drafts. It's the only way we will be relevant. Cam might win us a few but without help we could really screw this kid up beyond repair.

Posted

As much as I hate to say this, we just don't have the players to win. We have a good core group that could be the start of something(stew, cam, kalil, keuchly). The rest need to be phased out with free agents and better drafts. It's the only way we will be relevant. Cam might win us a few but without help we could really screw this kid up beyond repair.

We very much have the players to win. Were one of the youngest groups in the NFL, if you don't have the right coaches in place to help the young college players develop and adapt to the speed of the game, then you have the 2012 Carolina Panthers. Two LATE ROUND ROOKIES (Norman and Thomas) did a VERY good job containing Dez Bryant and Marshall. It was when the coaches decided to switch up the defensive scheme that had been successful (tight coverage, high pressure) that the Bears started to cut us up. We Just need one more good safety, and a #2 or future #1 WR even though Lafell looks great.

Posted

I understand why you would believe that the odds were against making the kick, but you have to try. It's still an infinitely higher probability for success than a 50 yard hail mary. If Medlock misses that kick from 51 with those winds, no ones holding it against him.

You must be new to this board. ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

If we didn't have the players to win, we would be getting blown out most weeks. We have been in every game but one. The Dline is playing very well, the linebacking corps is solid. The oline is up and down, but has some young players. We may need to tweek things in a few areas (receivers and secondary), but if your players are good enough to go into the 4th qtr with a close game week in and week out, then your team is good enough to win. They just need to figure out a way to limit the 4th qtr mistakes.

2 people like this

Posted

We very much have the players to win. Were one of the youngest groups in the NFL, if you don't have the right coaches in place to help the young college players develop and adapt to the speed of the game, then you have the 2012 Carolina Panthers. Two LATE ROUND ROOKIES (Norman and Thomas) did a VERY good job containing Megatron and Marshall. It was when the coaches decided to switch up the defensive scheme that had been successful (tight coverage, high pressure) that the Bears started to cut us up. We Just need one more good safety, and a #2 or future #1 WR even though Lafell looks great.

Umm am I missing something?