Photo
- - - - -

Transgendered man allowed to use female lockerroom at University...

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,987 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

At the same time as female high school swim teams...

http://www.liveleak....=033_1351810510

http://gendertrender...olleen-francis/

I understand that she may feel uncomfortable using the men's lockerroom, but where do her rights stop and the rights of these girls start?

Should high school girls be forced to use the same lockerroom as this transgendered person who has male anatomy on display in front of them?

Wouldn't a better policy be for her to use a separate lockerroom than the men and women in this situation?

#2 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,770 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

Had this issue at company I worked for.

HR had to "meet" with all managers to alert of situation and to handle with kid gloves. Also, seperate bathroom during the 2 year psychological evaluation where they are still a male, but dress/act like a female. Post-plumbing change...uses women's bathroom.

#3 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

Disgusting. Just my opinion.

#4 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,251 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

Really brings into focus just how much the idea that a room where people with one set of biological equipment can forgo any and all public decency reflects the mores of bygone generations.

The solution is really quite simple, don't allow people to use the facilities who are not properly covered up. Install basic shower & toilet stalls and provide simple changing areas and the need for separate locker rooms goes away.

This isn't the 50s anymore and the idea that we can accommodate everyone by attempting to shoehorn everyone into an anachronistic view of gender identity borders on stupidity.

edit:
And based on what Ive read in the linked articles I thing the fellow should be banned from using the ladies facilities and the facilities should face charges for failing to address what amounts to ongoing indecent exposure problem.

#5 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,770 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

Visiting Belgium...I was in the men's room doing my thing at a urinal, but noticed the women's was being cleaned when I was walking in mine. Standing there doin my thing and a woman just walks in and goes into a stall behind me. Caught me off guard because that just doesn't happen in the US. Interupted flow for a minute...but then carried on.

#6 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

Thatshitscrazy

#7 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

Visiting Belgium...I was in the men's room doing my thing at a urinal, but noticed the women's was being cleaned when I was walking in mine. Standing there doin my thing and a woman just walks in and goes into a stall behind me. Caught me off guard because that just doesn't happen in the US. Interupted flow for a minute...but then carried on.

did she fart while see was pissing?

#8 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,770 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

did she fart while see was pissing?

Some women look like they've never farted...she looked like one of them.

I didn't challenge her to battles**ts though.

#9 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,262 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

I'll never understand the right wing obsession with locker rooms. They were the center of their argument about Don't Ask Don't Tell, too, as if locker rooms are the end all of the human experience.

Why do we even still have them? Is privacy stall technology really so far past us?

Gee, If only there was a way where people could change for athletic events without having to see other people's genitals.

#10 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,987 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

I'll never understand the right wing obsession with locker rooms. They were the center of their argument about Don't Ask Don't Tell, too, as if locker rooms are the end all of the human experience.

Why do we even still have them? Is privacy stall technology really so far past us?

Gee, If only there was a way where people could change for athletic events without having to see other people's genitals.

Not sure what this has to do with the topic...

Me personally, idc if a guy (straight or gay), a transgender, or a woman wants to look at my junk... doesn't bother me at all. Doesn't bother me to see other guys, (gay, straight, trans, whatever) or women's junk... couldn't care less either way. I'm an adult, I can leave, look away, whatever...

Do you not see any problem with an anatomical male being nude in the presence of multiple high school and younger aged girls, regardless of whether that person is mentally a woman?

I'm not advocating taking away her rights, but I am saying use some damned common sense about the situation.

#11 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,262 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

Do you not see any problem with an anatomical male being nude in the presence of multiple high school and younger aged girls, regardless of whether that person is mentally a woman?

I'm not advocating taking away her rights, but I am saying use some damned common sense about the situation.

I said the opposite of that. Get rid of locker rooms, problem solved. We don't make people poo in front of people, why do locker rooms not have a row of shower/changing privacy stalls? Why is that so complicated?

This is like the 5th thread where we've had some right winger clutching his pearls in outrage over someone who didn't fit proper gender roles going to a locker room. It's an extremely easy fix, but we seem more content to clutch our pearls as a society than fix it.

#12 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,987 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

Who's in outrage?

Idk why lockerrooms don't have private changing facilities? I don't design them.

The lockerroom there is designed how it's designed... they have to deal with it or re-do it... they have chosen instead to put the HS girls in a separate area and let the transgendered lady continue on as is. I'm not outraged, but it doesn't seem like the best way to handle the situation. Apparently the transgendered lady was not just in the lockerroom naked, but also the attached sauna... so they would either have to completely revise their facilities to accommodate this one person. Regardless of her being transgendered, that's just not right.

#13 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

In Japan they have some unisex bathrooms. These things are all about your life experiences. Some guys don't like using urinals and consider them barbaric. Some guys even sit when they urinate.

It's a bit unfair to expect people to accept sudden changes in these niceties of life. To ask girls to use a restroom men do tomorrow would be a minor injustice. But if it gradually happened over decades there wouldn't be an issue.

But in today's western societies we have a consistent problem where the rights of the minority exceed the rights of the majority. This is caused by the individuals in the minority being catered to and developing large egos. In a better society the minority would quietly suffer. If you're one person being inconvenienced, yes, that's unfortunate, but you have to be selfless and have humility. Expecting everyone else to suffer instead is incredibly selfish and arrogant.

#14 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

In Japan they have some unisex bathrooms. These things are all about your life experiences. Some guys don't like using urinals and consider them barbaric. Some guys even sit when they urinate.

It's a bit unfair to expect people to accept sudden changes in these niceties of life. To ask girls to use a restroom men do tomorrow would be a minor injustice. But if it gradually happened over decades there wouldn't be an issue.

But in today's western societies we have a consistent problem where the rights of the minority exceed the rights of the majority. This is caused by the individuals in the minority being catered to and developing large egos. In a better society the minority would quietly suffer. If you're one person being inconvenienced, yes, that's unfortunate, but you have to be selfless and have humility. Expecting everyone else to suffer instead is incredibly selfish and arrogant.

you realize social repression doesn't actually make people happier, it just makes them appear happier right?

#15 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,262 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

Well boys, we made a giant room. That's about as far as we can take locker room technology. Now let's watch each other jack it in the shower. Don't let any gays in though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com