Photo
- - - - -

panthers have until tuesday to activate gettis

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#25 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

I say just IR the guy. The season is in the trash can already. Just let the guy heal..give him a shot in training camp

#26 toldozer

toldozer

finally someone fatter than Alice

HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

He goes on ir I doubt he will get a shot next year. Activate him you fools

#27 Louie

Louie

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

When Gettis played he looked better than Lafell, but that's been 2 years ago. I think if he is healthy, he should knock the rust off and we can see what he has going into next year. If (albeit a big IF) he looks anything like 2010 he could be a productive number 2 WR.

#28 acrasia

acrasia

NEWB

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

He has never has been in favor with Rivera. and Chud. He will not be activated no matter
what.

#29 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

Yeah he can. Gettis had bright spots 2 years ago. Murphy showed flashes in 2009 and 2010 and hasn't been impactfull. Gettis maybe a fan favorite, but he really hasn't earned in the love yet.

I just dont understand why Gettis is a fan favorite... What has he done to merit this kind of excitement? Is it that the fans want to see someone different on the field HOPING he will be a difference maker and possibly the next #1? God knows we wont sign a decent free agent...

#30 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

HUDDLER

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

LOL...have you seen Murphy play this season!? I'm sure Gettis can drop 8 out of 10 passes thrown his way. And Armanti has had 1 reception....I'll repeat it again...Gettis can't be worse. He might not be better, but he sure as HELL cant be worse than non existent.

Not saying he has played well but Murphy only has one credited drop to his name.

#31 Navy_football

Navy_football

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

I wouldn't call Gettis a fan favorite. But he is a young WR that showed potential in 2010 - the year of possibly the worst offense I've witnessed in the NFL. I think with his skill set and Cam's propensity for the deep ball, Gettis would be a much bigger factor than many of you think.

#32 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

Not saying he has played well but Murphy only has one credited drop to his name.

Whoever decides what exactly is a "drop" is incredibly kind to players. Murphy had at least 2 against Chicago alone hit him in the hands and not get caught. To me, that's a drop.