- - - - -

Would you like to keep Rivera

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Poll: Keep Rivera as DC? (156 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you keep Rivera as DC if you had the decision to make?

1. Voted Yes (50 votes [32.05%])

Percentage of vote: 32.05%

2. Voted No (106 votes [67.95%])

Percentage of vote: 67.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Match.com

Match.com

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA
HUDDLER

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:36 AM

yeah, it's kind of a ridiculous notion.

rivera would have no problem finding another DC job after here. no need for him to stick around and the team needs a complete break from the old staff, esp. if they still like the coach (which i don't doubt is the case).

The eagles would pick him up

#32 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

I'd like to see Beane has GM and Rivera given one more season before we make drastic changes.

#33 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

The eagles would pick him up

and they would be brilliant for doing it.

#34 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

I'd like to see Beane has GM and Rivera given one more season before we make drastic changes.

i don't approve of rivera's coaching thus far...but i grudgingly lean in this direction.

there is no guarantee that the new FO and coaching staff would be any better (which in itself is not a great reason for not turning things over) and i'd like to see some stability on the team. turning things over again may not have a great effect on team morale heading into next year and getting things back on track could still take a couple years. i don't want a frustrated franchise QB to walk away because they were looking for a more stable situation.

having a HC change should be an absolute last resort.

again, i'm pulling for rivera, not because i particularly like him, but because i don't want the team to go through another restructuring so soon after the last one.

#35 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.
HUDDLER

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

our defense still soft with him taking more control hell no

guys like Clark Kent, Norman need a real teacher to have them becoming stars

#36 Match.com

Match.com

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA
HUDDLER

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

Only time will tell if he gets fired. Hopefully he can salvage this bad season a try to sabe his job!

#37 magnus

magnus

Eternal Gameface

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

Has that EVER happened? I do not see it under any circumstance.

occasionally a coordinator will receive a demotion and stay, but there's no precedent for it leaguewide and it takes both sides to want that to happen. Richard Williamson stepped down from OC back to WR s coach between 01-02, Ron Meeks went from '10 coordinator to '11 DBs coach. But for the most part, firing a coach means severing ties with him. Ron Rivera's a brilliant DC who will work well for someone next year.

#38 MHS831

MHS831

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

occasionally a coordinator will receive a demotion and stay, but there's no precedent for it leaguewide and it takes both sides to want that to happen. Richard Williamson stepped down from OC back to WR s coach between 01-02, Ron Meeks went from '10 coordinator to '11 DBs coach. But for the most part, firing a coach means severing ties with him. Ron Rivera's a brilliant DC who will work well for someone next year.

Yeah, I remember Meeks, and they fired him as db coach if I remember right. We saw a bit of a new Rivera today, but 2 things bothered me. First, he has to force himself to be aggressive. Second, the indecision. The announcer made a comment about the challenge--RR questioned the decision to challenge, and then won. Then he had to take a timeout to decide to try the long field goal-and he discussed it with the kicker before making the decision.

Frankly, I think it was due to the criticism from last week. I though a punt was the right call there, but I understand kicking the FG. What i do not get is the fact that the decision took so many forms before he made it.

#39 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

Still no, im not easily blinded by one win.

#40 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

I think he stinks but I have always thought that HC should get a chance in his 3rd year. I hope he is our HC on a thin rope next August.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users