• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#16 boostownsme

boostownsme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

"Ashamed to be an American." And to think that I served so you can say that. Gtfo

#17 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

"Ashamed to be an American." And to think that I served so you can say that. Gtfo

I don't think your comment is fair. People served in Nazi Germany, that doesn't mean it was a country with perfect policies.

I'm ashamed to live in a country as greedy as the USA. You look at the wealth in the country as opposed to the policies and you get a vulgar picture. Low health standards, poor in education, poor in social welfare, etc. Also the government goes out of its way to give subsidies for unhealthy foods. They openly embrace genetically engineered food when the superior European and Asian countries have already protected their citizens from the poison.

And the USA is a violent country that occupies other nations and kills their citizens.

I'm tired of buying in to this bullshit personally and I'm gonna call it as I see it. The USA sucks and is an inferior country. Now let's work to improve it. There are plenty of countries that are on a better path, not only the regions I listed. Australia is another country doing well in these hard times.

#18 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,983 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

Leave the Irish fellow alone will ya?

#19 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

Also, who still uses the term Oriental?

Posted Image

#20 boostownsme

boostownsme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

I don't think your comment is fair. People served in Nazi Germany, that doesn't mean it was a country with perfect policies.

I'm ashamed to live in a country as greedy as the USA. You look at the wealth in the country as opposed to the policies and you get a vulgar picture. Low health standards, poor in education, poor in social welfare, etc. Also the government goes out of its way to give subsidies for unhealthy foods. They openly embrace genetically engineered food when the superior European and Asian countries have already protected their citizens from the poison.

And the USA is a violent country that occupies other nations and kills their citizens.

I'm tired of buying in to this bullshit personally and I'm gonna call it as I see it. The USA sucks and is an inferior country. Now let's work to improve it. There are plenty of countries that are on a better path, not only the regions I listed. Australia is another country doing well in these hard times.

So now your comparing me to a Nazi soldier? If you're so ashamed of this country then get out, simple as that. The USA greedy ? We lead the world in humanitarian efforts. Low health standards? I wouldn't choose to be anywhere else if I had to have medical procedures done, but I'm sure you would right? Subsidies for unhealthy foods, name some please. Genetically modified foods are poisonous? Let me guess you eat only the food out of your garden and free range chickens. YOU are what's wrong with this nation, walking around with a smirk on your face because you went to college and have all the answers and think that everybody else is a bunch of redneck backwards nationalists. This isn't an angry rant, it's just that I'm tired of this trend where it's cool to poo on American sensationalism.

#21 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,456 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

You know, it was primarily inequalities like this that eventually led to the passing of child labor laws in the 20s and 30s.

I wonder if senior labor laws are next?

Speaking of things from the twenties and thirties, how about bringing back the 40 hour work week? That might create a need for more workers!

Posted Image

http://www.onlinemba...hour-work-week/

#22 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,456 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

Speaking of unhealthy foods...

I do like Vermont Maple Syrup, New Hampshire's is not bad either!

#23 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,983 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

would you take the stress of over working or NOT working? many choose to work alot as well.

#24 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,456 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

would you take the stress of over working or NOT working? many choose to work alot as well.

Those are pretty much the two choices most working Americans have these days.

We know corporations like it that way.

Do you?

Note:

For far too long now, overachievers have been ruining it for everyone else with their warped sense of priorities!

Go home already! Don't your wife and kids miss you yet? Don't you miss them?

Stop spending your life at the office, get a hobby already!

Heed the man in black!

#25 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,983 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

Oh I go out of my way to leave work behind and take care of family. My 12 and 10 yr olds will be that age just one time. Preaching to the choir on this one.

#26 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,112 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

Update....The age group (25-34 year olds) that used to be Peak earners are still flailing while "retirees" still adding to the workforce at the fastest rate. Crazy.

My generation could truly end up being a lost generation. Being unemployed and underemployed at 25-34 is the worst thing that can happen for one's career, since this is when the majority of marketable skills are developed. In ten years, if the economy is better, my age group will be filled with underqualified and unhirable people. Sad.

A good jobs report? Sure, if one is 55 and over. In December the American jobs gerontocracy continued its relentless course, and as the two charts below summarize since Obama's first term, some 2.7 million jobs in the 16-55 year old category have been lost. The "offset": 4 million jobs for Americans between 55 and 69. For all those young people graduating from college (with $150,000 in student loans) who are unable to get a job, here is our advice: tell your parents, and grandparents, to retire already. Oh wait, they can't because Bernanke destroyed their savings. Oops - better luck next time.

http://www.zerohedge...re-55-and-older

Posted Image

#27 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,566 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

underemployed at 25-34

:sick:

#28 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,112 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

I know my dad is still working at 63.

My MIL is still going strong at 61.

My FIL is looking to get back in the programming game at 66 after being retired only a year.

#29 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,112 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

We need interest rates up to get a real recovery.

We need a real recovery to get interest rates up.

Boy this is a pickle.

#30 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,112 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

Not to mention that this 25-34 jobs bust is causing a baby bust.

Which in turn is exacerbating the problem and will continue to for years to come.

1. Tell pops to retire
2. Go knock someone up
4. Profit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com