Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Kemba Walker thread

33 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Ruff' timestamp='1351985372' post='1977452']
I think that once he really gets the point guard position, the guy is going to be a star. He's fast, he's starting to make his shots, and he's feisty.

Also, I like that small line-up that Dunlap is running, with Walker at the 1, Henderson at the 3, and MKG at the 4.

Another also, Bismack sucks.
[/quote]

Yea, Im really hoping that Biyombo can/will improve but I think he's really proving to me that he's closer to a bust. Hes really clumsy and seemed like he has heavy feet. Also very weak hands. I'm not going to expect anything big from him on the offensive side bc I know or think that he's not going to progress at it but I do hope that if anything, he will be a great defender.

Last year many and I were comparing him to Ibaka. I think we should probably save the comparison for a little longer.

Posted · Report post

I'm late to the party but I think Kemba is going to be a GREAT PG once we add some guys who can consistently make shots. If you watch the beginning of the two games, and even when he was in last year, he can make some sick passes and can open up shooting lanes with his penetration. Unfortunately, everyone on our team struggles with either catching the ball or putting it in the basket once he gets it to them. This was extremely obvious in the Pacers game. He made some great passes that should have been easy assists. For example, he drove the lane and dished for the easy dunk/layup to Biyombo twice. One time Biyombo didn't catch it at all. The other, he missed the easy dunk. Another case was his pass to Mullens, who proceeded to airball a midrange shot. Once this happened, you could tell Kemba was getting frustrated and tried to do everything himself. That's when he become more inefficient.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='GamecockSmitty4' timestamp='1352164487' post='1983169']
I'm late to the party but I think Kemba is going to be a GREAT PG once we add some guys who can consistently make shots. If you watch the beginning of the two games, and even when he was in last year, he can make some sick passes and can open up shooting lanes with his penetration. Unfortunately, everyone on our team struggles with either catching the ball or putting it in the basket once he gets it to them. This was extremely obvious in the Pacers game. He made some great passes that should have been easy assists. For example, he drove the lane and dished for the easy dunk/layup to Biyombo twice. One time Biyombo didn't catch it at all. The other, he missed the easy dunk. Another case was his pass to Mullens, who proceeded to airball a midrange shot. Once this happened, you could tell Kemba was getting frustrated and tried to do everything himself. That's when he become more inefficient.
[/quote]

Very true. You can only get an assist if the person you pass it to can make the shot.

I talked about this last season. How Kemba was killing it in the Rookie vs Sophomore game during Allstar week bc he was playing with talents. Give him talents and he'll be a damn good player.

Posted · Report post

King Kemba. Been a fan of his since he was recruited as a Husky, knew he was gonna be a star before he even saw significant playing time at UConn.

Posted · Report post

Nexts Jeff Teague he'll breakout like Teague did in the A last season

Posted · Report post

Kemba stat line tonight in a 101-97 win over the Mavs....

26 points, 7 assist, 6 rebounds, and 8 steals. Amazing game from him tonight, Kemba and MKG are really starting to play well off each other and look to be a solid core for the future.

Posted · Report post

PGs are a weird breed, sometimes they come in and dominate right away (Rose, CP3), and sometimes they need a couple years to adjust to the NBA and find the right opportunity (Billups, Rondo, Nash).

Dont look now, but Kemba is averaging 19 pts 6 ast 4 reb and 2.8 steals through 5 games

Posted · Report post

He did well in summer league too. I'm starting to see the Bobcats plan come together. Kemba is super fast and more importantly he seems to be developing a really good chemistry and liking of his teammates. Last night against the Mavs I didn't see too many bad shots either. I suppose there were a couple of drives to the hoop where he sort of threw it up instead of looking for the dish in the paint.....but I think he was instructed to do that and it worked out. I think will end up with more then 20+ wins this year, and probably just a big man away from competing for the playoffs. Hopefully we can find one in free agency next year.

Posted · Report post

He did well in summer league too. I'm starting to see the Bobcats plan come together. Kemba is super fast and more importantly he seems to be developing a really good chemistry and liking of his teammates. Last night against the Mavs I didn't see too many bad shots either. I suppose there were a couple of drives to the hoop where he sort of threw it up instead of looking for the dish in the paint.....but I think he was instructed to do that and it worked out. I think will end up with more then 20+ wins this year, and probably just a big man away from competing for the playoffs. Hopefully we can find one in free agency next year.

Posted · Report post

Is an assassin! He put a dagger in the Bucks tonight! Whoooooooo!!!

Posted · Report post

I was a big fan of Kemba from the beginning. He has the tools to be a big time player in the NBA.

Posted · Report post

Cardiac Kemba! It's nice knowing you have a guy who wants the ball when the game is on the line, no matter what. Three straight wins for the Bobcats? Is this real life?
1 person likes this