- - - - -

Could Byron Bell be a franchise Left Tackle some day?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#46 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

After today, I am thinking WR.

The only thing that bothers me is our inabilty to hold leads because we cannot run the ball. we have to option or use trickery. We need a RG who can move people. The kid from Carolina (UNC) is pretty good. If he is there in the second, I would ttake him.

WR in the first is a bold move.

I think i think we need to fill holes. Right nows holes may be different from the end of the years holes. Guessing is fun though.

Best case scenario your BPA is a stud. Whether that is RG, WR, S or DT.

#47 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,980 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

WR in the first is a bold move.

I think i think we need to fill holes. Right nows holes may be different from the end of the years holes. Guessing is fun though.

Best case scenario your BPA is a stud. Whether that is RG, WR, S or DT.

Very Bold, considering that most WRs take a year or two to get it. I prefer a veteran FA--but we have enough #2 wrs. Smitty would be a beast in the slot. We need a solid #1. With the cap, I wonder if a free agent is possible.

If we could land one, I would love to go after one of the elite DTs (Edwards twins are aged) in the first, but the bust rate on DTs is incredibly high. I am really going to watch the progress of Fua (not impressed yet) Chandler (I like what little I have seen) and Neblett (The guy is a tremendous athlete). We could actually squeeze another year or two out of the veterans if at least one of the other guys steps up. Remember, Hardy moves inside on passing downs. But we need a run stuffing pocket collapser.

#48 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,448 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

A young DT that can hold the line on run plays, and rush the passer would be great. Trouble is, no one will get rid of one. And like you said, drafting one is not a sure thing. Gonna get interesting up in here.

I like guessing for sure. But, it is too early to really tell what we need with that first pick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com