Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Cameron Newton must win Tomorrow

52 posts in this topic

Posted

you get hype when you earn hype, not when somebody getting hype falters and you just happen to be around when it happens. It doesn't transfer by osmosis. It will take a few consistent weeks, three minimum for anyone on our offense to be deserving of hype no matter who the competition is. This is the dumbest logic I have read on a board all day. But to be fair I've only peaked at about 5-6 different threads today.

Posted

The only thing that makes me nervous is RG3's speed when he scrambles. Other than that I feel like we can come out and turn things around...the shift back to traditional offense and the fact that the Skins have the worst pass D in league...lets do this mother fcker ya ya ya hot karl!!!

1 person likes this

Posted

Why do people keep calling him Cameron? I never hear people say Stevonne Smith, Jonathan Beason or Gregory Olsen. So wtf is this whole Cameron thing?

Posted

Good post, OP.

I want to add something, though. Last week, we didn't see the intensity that Cam has walked on the field with. We didn't see him with that "look" after a big play. For most of the season, he's been fiery, jumping in defender's faces when they try to hold him down after the whistle is blown. Last week he just looked down and out. He played OK, but he just didn't seem the same to me. Tomorrow, he needs that chip on his shoulder. He needs that Smitty-esque fire every single play. At the same time, he has to maintain composure and focus on each play individually. If he does that, the guy is just dangerous.

We win tomorrow, Cam's swag is back. His confidence is back. His drive to win is kicked even higher and he is ready to get another. That is what this team needs. That is what Cam needs. That is what the city of Charlotte needs. It's what the Carolinas need. It's what the fan-base needs. It needs to get done. And if there is a game to do it, it's this one.

Very well said

Posted

Why do people keep calling him Cameron? I never hear people say Stevonne Smith, Jonathan Beason or Gregory Olsen. So wtf is this whole Cameron thing?

Just for the record in a press conference earlier this year I believe after the Giants loss Cam said. "Cameron Newton needs to play better" just used at a moment when all joking aside it's time to be serious.

Posted

Hopefully Stevonne Smith gets a few TDs

Posted

I hope Gregory Hardy, Joshua Norman, and Michael Tolbert all have big games as well.

Posted

Geoffrey Hangartner is listed as probable. He should play, right? Benjamin Hartsock is set for a breakout game. Hopefully Jeffrey Jansen's only action will be longsnapping XPs.

(waiting for someone to put Kenny Onatolu's real name in a post)

Posted

call him Cam.

So this us what we have gotten to....arguing over whether to call him Cam or Cameron.

Dear God.

Posted

Yeah, ldont care as long as we win

Posted

Cosign OP statements 100% dumb to not think.this game ain't a personal battle against Newton & RGIII if we lose Cam's brand takes a hit n RGIII will be looked at as better

I think Cam steps it up I hope so but this will be a shootout

1 person likes this

Posted

Hopefully he plays to win games!