Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt Barkley

51 posts in this topic

Posted

USC's defense just allowed Barner to burn y'all for 321 yds and 5 TD's... Does that mean he should also be a Heisman Candidate? Or does it mean your defense is crap?

Just be honest... He has not lived up to the hype, nor has his team.

I'm a Canes fan for crying out loud... Lets just be honest. Why does everyone here have to result in poo talking?? Just be real

Barner should have been a Heisman candidate awhile ago, and everyone who follows college football knows that....

1 person likes this

Posted

Hahaha. Are you serious? You started this thread, you moron.

He hasn't lived up to the Heisman prediction. He has had his struggles. His O-line leaves him out to dry and his defense forces him to score on every drive. That does not make him a scrub.

By your logic, Cam Newton is a scrub because he does not win. Obviously this isn't a team sport.

So as a Gators fan, you're saying that you believe that he will be successful moving forward? Btw, I know it's a team sport, and I've seen off and on what he's challenged with. I feel kind of bad for the dude on the real. I just hate how ESPN tries to crown people and they never pan out. I don't think he will be successful at the next level... But I mean honestly we have no idea. It's a stupid argument honestly. IMO I think he's a joke, and every time I've watched him play he chokes up and misses an open WR in big time moments in a game. Either that or he gets happy feet and panics. Care to disagree on that point?

1 person likes this

Posted

Barner should have been a Heisman candidate awhile ago, and everyone who follows college football knows that....

He won't have any problem getting catapulted into the conversation after a performance like that

Posted

Hahaha. Are you serious? You started this thread, you moron.

He hasn't lived up to the Heisman prediction. He has had his struggles. His O-line leaves him out to dry and his defense forces him to score on every drive. That does not make him a scrub.

By your logic, Cam Newton is a scrub because he does not win. Obviously this isn't a team sport.

This times 1000. The offensive line has been a turnstile ever since Khaled Holmes had to miss a couple of games. Don't know if it's inexperience, chemistry or what but this was supposed to be a strong point this year and they're awful. The only silver lining is that USC looks like they found their next great LT in Max Turek, he was an absolute brick wall tonight. The defense is just inexcusable. The secondary was supposed to be one of the best in the nation, and outside of Robey most of them look lost out there. Ramsey, Hawkins, Cravens, and Goodman can't get here soon enough. McQuay and or Willis would be awesome to....

1 person likes this

Posted

So as a Gators fan, you're saying that you believe that he will be successful moving forward? Btw, I know it's a team sport, and I've seen off and on what he's challenged with. I feel kind of bad for the dude on the real. I just hate how ESPN tries to crown people and they never pan out. I don't think he will be successful at the next level... But I mean honestly we have no idea. It's a stupid argument honestly. IMO I think he's a joke, and every time I've watched him play he chokes up and misses an open WR in big time moments in a game. Either that or he gets happy feet and panics. Care to disagree on that point?

As a Gators fan, I think Barkley will have success in the NFL. This is contingent upon him ending up in a good situation. That's a tough call to make, I will acknowledge that.

If you want to see missing open receivers or getting happy feet in the pocket, go watch Jeff Driskel. He panics with the best of them. Barkley gets happy feet at times, because his o-line is leaving him out to dry game in and game out.

Posted

As a Gators fan, I think Barkley will have success in the NFL. This is contingent upon him ending up in a good situation. That's a tough call to make, I will acknowledge that.

If you want to see missing open receivers or getting happy feet in the pocket, go watch Jeff Driskel. He panics with the best of them. Barkley gets happy feet at times, because his o-line is leaving him out to dry game in and game out.

Going into this season, I was hoping Arizona would end up with the #1 pick and he would end up there. He would feel right at home slinging it to Fitz, Floyd and Roberts. Now it looks like he's either Jacksonville, or Kansas City bound.....

Posted

Give me Mettenberger... Stats not as gaudy, but the kid makes a hell of a lot more plays than Barkley does, and against a much better conference

Posted

Give me Mettenberger... Stats not as gaudy, but the kid makes a hell of a lot more plays than Barkley does, and against a much better conference

That's cute. Oh and :lol: that you picked an SEC QB and didn't go with A.J. shows how well you follow the sport....

Posted

Adorable.

Posted

That's cute....

No, that's real... Y'all keep making excuses about the O-line. I've already agreed with you on that. Y'all still haven't told me why he misses wide open WR's when the game is on the line though...

Posted

That's cute. Oh and :lol: that you picked an SEC QB and didn't go with A.J. shows how well you follow the sport....

Since you edited your post, ill respond to the edit as well.

I did it for a reason, not because I think he's the best QB in conference. He's just better than Barkley when it matters

Posted

No, that's real... Y'all keep making excuses about the O-line. I've already agreed with you on that. Y'all still haven't told me why he misses wide open WR's when the game is on the line though...

Ummm....maybe said wide receivers should be open. If you're talking about the fourth down where he had to try to dump it to Lee, everyone was blanketed just standing around....