50 replies to this topic

#16 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,200 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

Hahaha. Are you serious? You started this thread, you moron.

He hasn't lived up to the Heisman prediction. He has had his struggles. His O-line leaves him out to dry and his defense forces him to score on every drive. That does not make him a scrub.

By your logic, Cam Newton is a scrub because he does not win. Obviously this isn't a team sport.

This times 1000. The offensive line has been a turnstile ever since Khaled Holmes had to miss a couple of games. Don't know if it's inexperience, chemistry or what but this was supposed to be a strong point this year and they're awful. The only silver lining is that USC looks like they found their next great LT in Max Turek, he was an absolute brick wall tonight. The defense is just inexcusable. The secondary was supposed to be one of the best in the nation, and outside of Robey most of them look lost out there. Ramsey, Hawkins, Cravens, and Goodman can't get here soon enough. McQuay and or Willis would be awesome to....

#17 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

So as a Gators fan, you're saying that you believe that he will be successful moving forward? Btw, I know it's a team sport, and I've seen off and on what he's challenged with. I feel kind of bad for the dude on the real. I just hate how ESPN tries to crown people and they never pan out. I don't think he will be successful at the next level... But I mean honestly we have no idea. It's a stupid argument honestly. IMO I think he's a joke, and every time I've watched him play he chokes up and misses an open WR in big time moments in a game. Either that or he gets happy feet and panics. Care to disagree on that point?

As a Gators fan, I think Barkley will have success in the NFL. This is contingent upon him ending up in a good situation. That's a tough call to make, I will acknowledge that.

If you want to see missing open receivers or getting happy feet in the pocket, go watch Jeff Driskel. He panics with the best of them. Barkley gets happy feet at times, because his o-line is leaving him out to dry game in and game out.

#18 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,200 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

As a Gators fan, I think Barkley will have success in the NFL. This is contingent upon him ending up in a good situation. That's a tough call to make, I will acknowledge that.

If you want to see missing open receivers or getting happy feet in the pocket, go watch Jeff Driskel. He panics with the best of them. Barkley gets happy feet at times, because his o-line is leaving him out to dry game in and game out.

Going into this season, I was hoping Arizona would end up with the #1 pick and he would end up there. He would feel right at home slinging it to Fitz, Floyd and Roberts. Now it looks like he's either Jacksonville, or Kansas City bound.....

#19 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

Give me Mettenberger... Stats not as gaudy, but the kid makes a hell of a lot more plays than Barkley does, and against a much better conference

#20 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,200 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

Give me Mettenberger... Stats not as gaudy, but the kid makes a hell of a lot more plays than Barkley does, and against a much better conference

That's cute. Oh and :lol: that you picked an SEC QB and didn't go with A.J. shows how well you follow the sport....

#21 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

Adorable.

#22 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

That's cute....

No, that's real... Y'all keep making excuses about the O-line. I've already agreed with you on that. Y'all still haven't told me why he misses wide open WR's when the game is on the line though...

#23 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

That's cute. Oh and :lol: that you picked an SEC QB and didn't go with A.J. shows how well you follow the sport....

Since you edited your post, ill respond to the edit as well.

I did it for a reason, not because I think he's the best QB in conference. He's just better than Barkley when it matters

#24 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,200 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

No, that's real... Y'all keep making excuses about the O-line. I've already agreed with you on that. Y'all still haven't told me why he misses wide open WR's when the game is on the line though...

Ummm....maybe said wide receivers should be open. If you're talking about the fourth down where he had to try to dump it to Lee, everyone was blanketed just standing around....

#25 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,200 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

Since you edited your post, ill respond to the edit as well.

I did it for a reason, not because I think he's the best QB in conference. He's just better than Barkley when it matters

You do realize LSU wins in spite of their QB not because of him. They've been doing it for years. Also, if USC had LSU's defense USC would be without a doubt undefeated still. I get it, you don't like USC. That doesn't make Barkley a scrub. He's not the best QB to ever play the game either. He's just a very good to great college QB, who has been let down by his defense two weeks in a row now....

#26 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

Pied you for being real about Barkley.

Ordinarily I would agree with the comment on LSU's QB... But the kid is playing big against the Best D in the land. Give him his due. His confidence has been in question all week, and he's made some big time throws

#27 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

Ummm....maybe said wide receivers should be open. If you're talking about the fourth down where he had to try to dump it to Lee, everyone was blanketed just standing around....

Not talking about one play... He's done it down the stretch in all 3 losses

#28 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,200 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Pied you for being real about Barkley.

Ordinarily I would agree with the comment on LSU's QB... But the kid is playing big against the Best D in the land. Give him his due. His confidence has been in question all week, and he's made some big time throws

Coming into the game he was completing 59% of his passes at just over seven yards an attempt, with eight touchdowns to four interceptions. Was at 65%, 11.7 yards per attempt, and 25 touchdowns to eight interceptions. SEC defenses or not, Barkley is the better QB at this point in time. Can ZM get better? Of course, but as we stand on November 3, 2012 32 out of 32 NFL teams would draft Barkley long before ZM....

#29 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,200 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

Not talking about one play... He's done it down the stretch in all 3 losses

Again, his offensive line play has been complete poo since halfway through the Syracuse game and Holmes went down. A guy can only take so many hits before he gets happy feet and tries to preserve his NFL career....

#30 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

Coming into the game he was completing 59% of his passes at just over seven yards an attempt, with eight touchdowns to four interceptions. Was at 65%, 11.7 yards per attempt, and 25 touchdowns to eight interceptions. SEC defenses or not, Barkley is the better QB at this point in time. Can ZM get better? Of course, but as we stand on November 3, 2012 32 out of 32 NFL teams would draft Barkley long before ZM....

Not disagreeing with you on that at all...

What I'm saying is this: big time players make big time plays in big time games... Barkley doesn't fit that bill, ZM proved it tonight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com