• This topic is locked This topic is locked
92 replies to this topic

#46 KittyCity

KittyCity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Lol at the thought the mods will actually enforce this.

No kidding. Iguess these new guidelines dont apply to longtime Huddle clowns who tell people to "eat their poo", "go munch on a wolf's pussy" and to "kill themselves" practically every day.

#47 Marc Anthony

Marc Anthony

FORUM VET

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

Well it was about time the MODS put their foot down, this forum was getting out of hand. Now post by the rules or get the freak out!!!

#48 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,573 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

I have been known to go on tangents. Do those count as tl;dr?

#49 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

This forum is a joke, this new rule makes it even worse.

Shoulda just stuck to the post count rule in the first place and users like myself wouldn't have to call trolls idiots.

#huddlelogicFTL

#50 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,290 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

This forum is a joke, this new rule makes it even worse.

Shoulda just stuck to the post count rule in the first place and users like myself wouldn't have to call trolls idiots.

#huddlelogicFTL

You have been complaining all over the place. Take a breath, read a little, do not post for a while. Then, start anew. Set a goal to be a quality poster. Oh, and a life advice thing...take responsibility for your actions. Always.

#51 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

You have been complaining all over the place. Take a breath, read a little, do not post for a while. Then, start anew. Set a goal to be a quality poster. Oh, and a life advice thing...take responsibility for your actions. Always.

Hahahaha!

I will never take anything on the internet that seriously in my entire life, but thanks Mom.

Why don't you go look how much pie and rep I accumulated in my short amount of time on this forum and then tell me I'm not a quality poster.

#52 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

What does TLDR stand for?

#53 JPPT1974

JPPT1974

St Patty's Day!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationSeymour TN

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

People need to hear of agree to disagree. As I myself have had no problems at all with this board. As it has been enjoyable and hopes that it will be enjoyable. Sorry that people are experiencing stuff like this. Hope that the problem clears up and fast!

#54 strik9

strik9

Think before you post

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

Yes. The problem posters fall into one of two categories in my experience:

1. The troll, a person who has nothing to contribute but they find redemption in trying to make those who do look stupid for sharing "an opinion. They are the people who read a topic, open it, and then post how dumb it is using sarcasm. Some surf the web to find an amusing picture so they get liked and pie. It makes them feel worthy. Recommendation: If you do not like the topic or the thread, either do not open it or simply close it if it is beneath your intellectual level. Spending 5 minutes putting together a humourous visual package to ridicule another Panther fan is sadder than any dumb post.

2. The person who cannot accept any opinion or position other than his own. Even if the topic is subjective and opnionated, these people think that there is only one correct answer and they have been dubbed by the football gods, "Keeper of the Truth." Their purpose is not to open their minds by listening to other ideas, but to argue and have a tantrum because they have so much self-respect riding on being right or having others agree with them. So much depends on social acceptance, and some are not braced for the sting of having their ideas rejected by differing opinions.

I can say that lately, I have experienced pleasant, mature comments that I agreed with in some cases, or silently did not in others. I appreciate the fact that somehow I posted when those with the self-esteem issues were pulled from their basements by Mom's announcement that the macaroni and cheese was ready, or I posted during the network premier of the "Twilight" saga. Whatever it was, a harvest moon or excitement on the scanner, I appreciated the intelligent and mature exchanges.

This and other problems already mentioned have diluted educated and well informed Panthers discussion. I've been a member for many moons. I've enjoyed the different views and knowledgeable opinions from folks that,unfortunately, no longer post. Zod you are to be commended for this site! Please enforce the rules and help restore informed dialog.

#55 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,200 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

What does TLDR stand for?

TL;DR
Too Long;Didn't Read

#56 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

TL;DR
Too Long;Didn't Read

Thank you.

#57 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

I hope the mods crack down and ban some of these trolls, fans and non-fans.... It is getting ridiculous at times.

Some of the insults make me rather post on the ESPN blogs more then in here.

Some posters make really good threads, and some at least try and make good threads. But there seems to be a hand full of people that no matter if the post is a C or an A post, they want to rip it apart and insult the OP....

#58 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,785 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

yea lets get the huddle back to muzak status!

seriously, if you have to wait until one of the mods calls a thread garbage (1/20 instance) then i can't wait for all the awful OPs i run into once the electric company decides to give me power again so that i can use my laptops. trucatzfan probably has a swath of journal entry OPs he's just waiting to flood the front page with.

#59 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:17 AM

If you are banned and you decide to be cute and just create a new profile to post, I will assume you no longer want the old one and will delete it just before banning your new one.

#60 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

yea lets get the huddle back to muzak status!

seriously, if you have to wait until one of the mods calls a thread garbage (1/20 instance) then i can't wait for all the awful OPs i run into once the electric company decides to give me power again so that i can use my laptops. trucatzfan probably has a swath of journal entry OPs he's just waiting to flood the front page with.

On the other hand I have seen perfectly legit threads gif bombed right away. A few idiots ruin it for all of us, same old story.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com