49 replies to this topic

#11 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

I love the pick..its what the Bobcats need even though Lillard the is more explosive scorer...it needs to start cuturally where a Lillard type would flounder here as a primary scorer.

MKG may not win MVP ever but he is a team changer. im all in and respect the way he plays.

Think thats hindsight 20/20 from you of Liilard lol.
Yea Lillard is going to be very good and a top 5 PG one day but no one knew he was going to be this good. People knew he was good, but being from a small school, his stock dropped a bit and the "famous" players like MKG get taken ahead.

#12 HeatCheck

HeatCheck

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

I think MKG will really shine when he's on a team with better players. He isn't supposed to be the focal point of the offense and I don't expect him to be a standout until he is surrounded with better talent. So this year, I am not expecting much other than hustle, defense, and rebounds.

As far as Lillard, I loved him coming into the draft but we had Kemba. They only way he was even a possibility if Kemba had been traded before the draft. Lillard is the new breed of score-first PGs. That's not to say he can't get others involved. Utilizing the pick and roll with Lillard is the perfect way for him to become a facilitator. He was the one rookie who I thought would challenge Davis for ROY.

I don't think Lillard's stock fell at all. If anything it rose. He was the 6th overall pick. I would have taken him before MKG if we had traded Kemba.

#13 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

Considering the roster I've been happy with the Bobcats, far better effort and mentality.

#14 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

I think MKG will really shine when he's on a team with better players. He isn't supposed to be the focal point of the offense and I don't expect him to be a standout until he is surrounded with better talent. So this year, I am not expecting much other than hustle, defense, and rebounds.

As far as Lillard, I loved him coming into the draft but we had Kemba. They only way he was even a possibility if Kemba had been traded before the draft. Lillard is the new breed of score-first PGs. That's not to say he can't get others involved. Utilizing the pick and roll with Lillard is the perfect way for him to become a facilitator. He was the one rookie who I thought would challenge Davis for ROY.

I don't think Lillard's stock fell at all. If anything it rose. He was the 6th overall pick. I would have taken him before MKG if we had traded Kemba.

Don't worry there's Myck Kabongo next year. He's a pass first PG.

I love Kemba and Sessions a lot but they're not going to manage your offense and pick the defense apart.

#15 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

Considering the roster I've been happy with the Bobcats, far better effort and mentality.

Seriously. Doesn't look like a Silas' team anymore. Whew

#16 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• LocationCharlotte
SUPPORTER

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:30 AM

Biyambo/Kabongo 2013?

#17 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

Biyambo/Kabongo 2013?

Ofcourse. Kabongo is damn good. I think he'd be upgrade over Kemba and Sessions. Kabongo is a Canda Native like Nash. Hes a first pass PG who will pick defense apart. Had a mediocre season last season at Texas but look for him to improve and rise his stock this upcoming season.

#18 HeatCheck

HeatCheck

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

Kabongo is pretty good, not sure he's top 5 quality. I think we need to target a PF next year.

Watch out for Kasey Hill, he's a HS Senior now. Dude is one of the best PG prospects I have seen in a while.

#19 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

Kabongo is pretty good, not sure he's top 5 quality. I think we need to target a PF next year.

Watch out for Kasey Hill, he's a HS Senior now. Dude is one of the best PG prospects I have seen in a while.

Yea, didnt say wanted him in the top 5-10 but if we get another mid to late 1st, I'd take Kabongo in a heart beat.

And fosure, that 2014 class is lock and loaded with Kasey Hill, Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker, and Julius Randle.

#20 HeatCheck

HeatCheck

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

Yea, didnt say wanted him in the top 5-10 but if we get another mid to late 1st, I'd take Kabongo in a heart beat.

And fosure, that 2014 class is lock and loaded with Kasey Hill, Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker, and Julius Randle.

Gotcha.

And yes, now that Wiggins has reclassified, it makes that class that much more loaded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users