Photo
- - - - -

This Just In: Romney Wins Presidential Bid.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,948 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

It's been decided.

Romney, who was born in Michigan and was once the governor of Massachusetts, doesn't have any ties to the Charlotte area. But he's certainly well aware of the Redskins Rule. Specifically: going back to 1940, a Redskins victory in their last home game before the election has meant that the party currently in power remained in power for four more years. With a Redskins loss on Sunday to the Panthers, that portends good things for Romney's political future.

There is one notable exception, however: in 2004, the Redskins lost to the Packers but George W. Bush was re-elected.

Not to worry, Romney supporters. Elias Sports Bureau's Steve Hirdt can explain the one-time anomaly:

"I went back and studied the ‘Redskins Rule' data and what happened in 2004 was explained in 2000," he told ESPN's Front Row last week. "Because Al Gore actually won the popular vote in 2000 -- but lost in the Electoral College -- it reversed the polarity of the subsequent election. The opposite of the usual 'Redskins Rule' was true.

"Redskins Rule 2.0 established that when the popular vote winner does not win the election, the impact of the Redskins' game on the subsequent presidential election gets flipped. So, with that, the Redskins' loss in 2004 signaled that the incumbent would remain in the White House."

So congrats, Mitt. It looks like you're in line to be the 45th President of the United States. And who knows, maybe Marty Hurney gets a cabinet position out of it.

#2 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,620 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

ha I forgot all about that

#3 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

Not so fast. When Alabama bears LSU before the election the Democrat has won 100% of the time, also when the Lakers make the finals in a election year, the republican wins.. Until 2008 when the Lakers madecthe finals and Obama wins

#4 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

Somewhere... John Kerry laughs sadly...

#5 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,132 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Why vote if the curse already decided who wins?

Good point let's just stay home.

#6 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,014 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

Weird to think this is only my 3rd eligible-to-vote presidential election. When Bush won in '04, my desk chair was missing a leg-wheel. When Obama won in '08 it was fixed. The chair is missing a leg-wheel again - but can easily be fixed (same desk chair).

If anyone is superstitious enough I will fix it or leave it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com