Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4th Quarter FG Attempt?

29 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Why did we go for that field goal up 21-6 ? I think it was at least a 50 yarder, and we gave them tremendous field position with i think about 7-8 minutes left. Why not punt it, and make the dream 80 or more yards and waste even more time? I think that was a tremendously bad coaching decision between Brian Murphy and RR.

Posted · Report post

The FG was blocked/tipped. I thought it was the right, agressive call and a convertion would have pretty much seaeld the win (three scoring game). RR showed some balls there - finally! I want more of these decisions.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

The FG was blocked/tipped. I thought it was the right, agressive call and a convertion would have pretty much seaeld the win (three scoring game). RR showed some balls there - finally! I want more of these decisions.

That far, on the road with a 2 possession lead already? 80 yds vs 40 yds...... time running out..... i dkkkkkkkk

Posted · Report post

Agree, it was the right call.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Was it blocked for sure? I didn't see the replay.

Posted · Report post

It was clearly tipped

Posted · Report post

People like you whined last week when we didn't go for it and here you are whining when we did attempt the fg. Wtf

Posted · Report post

It was the right call try to make it a 3 possession game.

Posted · Report post

Yes, it was blocked, but when you are kicking a 50 yarder you obviously are going to have a low trajectory aka increased chance of being blocked. You know the Redskins were gonna be hard pressing to block it too.

Posted · Report post

Why did we go for that field goal up 21-6 ? I think it was at least a 50 yarder, and we gave them tremendous field position with i think about 7-8 minutes left. Why not punt it, and make the dream 80 or more yards and waste even more time? I think that was a tremendously bad coaching decision between Brian Murphy and RR.

Turn it to a 3 possession game, key your kicker finally have a shot at a long K in a none do or die scenario.....thought kicking was right call.

Posted · Report post

People like you whined last week when we didn't go for it and here you are whining when we did attempt the fg. Wtf

Nobody's whining STFU it was a question dick head.

It was a long field goal attempt, it would be different if we were 10 yds closer.

Posted · Report post

I don't have a problem with it.

Actually have a bigger problem with the long pass we threw before the fg attempt. A run or a nice short pass that would have made it a easier fg attempt, and kept the clock moving would have been better imo.

1 person likes this