Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4th Quarter FG Attempt?

29 posts in this topic

Posted

I agree with the call. In raiders world that is not even thought about. Sure medlock is no janikowski. We should have a good enough kicker to convert that at least 50% of the time.

Now which way you see that 50% is your choice.

I'm CPcavedweller and I approve this message.

Posted

Clearly the right call.

Posted

I thought it was odd that an official was running diagonally toward the line of scrimmage on defensive side during the snap and kick. Seems very distracting.

Posted

Most FGs don´t get blocked and Medlock has a strong leg. I see your point but I still think the call was absolutely right. As we all had to see in the last weeks you do not win games when you are scared of "risky" calls.

Posted

I liked the call... Failed to make that call in games that it could have made a difference. Good to see him get the chance when it really didn't matter. Too bad it was blocked though. Would have loved for Rivera to gain some confidence from that distance

Posted

I agree with going for the field goal, I cannot however endorse Rivera going full retard with our timeouts.

1 person likes this

Posted

Right call...

Posted

People like you whined last week when we didn't go for it and here you are whining when we did attempt the fg. Wtf

this is such a stupid argument

Posted

I think it was a do either choice..I would have punted just to run time and the Defense was destroying the Washington front 7. Push.

Chicago the swirling winds was a great reason not to go for it but I would have. rivera shoulda gone for the fg.

In ATl I would have punted instead of going for it on 4th down. The right choice.

Enjoy the win...but I am concerned with the two Shanks Nortman was responsible for.

Posted

Absolutely you go for the FG. 50 yards or less is a makeable distance for most NFL kickers, and you always go for the points when the opportunity presents itself.

Posted

I loved the call. Always would want to go for the FG in that situation.

That being said, I do wonder if it's an issue with our blocking as to why Rivera didn't want to do it in similar situations before.

Medlock was hitting 60 yarders in practice in the preseason and had a career long of 57 in the CFL, I seriously doubt his trajectory is the problem.

Posted

Why would we not go for that fg, damned if you do damned if ya dont.