Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4Corners

Predict Peter King's MMQB tomorrow

32 posts in this topic

9. I think, for all the times Cam Newton has been bashed this year, he deserves more than a little praise for engineering Carolina's 21-13 win at Washington. He was decisive, accurate and knew when to run and when to stay in the pocket. I thought his game was a step in his progression that was sorely needed.

Or you know maybe he will say something worthwhile...

Ah didn't count on the backhanded complement. He gave him the kind of praise you would give an addict who has just gone 3 days without a fix.

Skip Bayless@RealSkipBayless

Cam just has more weapons than RG3 whose recs couldn't catch a cab.

Both the Panthers and the Redskins have mostly black recievers, yeah? Of course they can't catch a cab.

Backhanded compliment? Are you serious?

Anyone who reads that comment and sees anything other that an honest acknowledgement that Cam took his game in the right direction and showed improvement in several facets is looking to be butt hurt.

No one owes Cam anything! He earned it with the win!

Ah didn't count on the backhanded complement. He gave him the kind of praise you would give an addict who has just gone 3 days without a fix.

Both the Panthers and the Redskins have mostly black recievers, yeah? Of course they can't catch a cab.

fug you man! That shi t is true

1 person likes this

Backhanded compliment? Are you serious?

Anyone who reads that comment and sees anything other that an honest acknowledgement that Cam took his game in the right direction and showed improvement in several facets is looking to be butt hurt.

Do you not know what a backhanded compliment is? Because that's a textbook example.

"Hey, are you wearing makeup? You look much better than you normally do."

Yeah, or he could just go with the "Now he's good. Did I ever compare him to VY? I don't remember it..." angle.

Here's what King said, and all he said about Cam in today's column:

I think, for all the times Cam Newton has been bashed this year, he deserves more than a little praise for engineering Carolina's 21-13 win at Washington. He was decisive, accurate and knew when to run and when to stay in the pocket. I thought his game was a step in his progression that was sorely needed.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/11/05/Week-9/index.html#ixzz2BNZnqa6F