Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Delay of Game Penalty

25 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anyone know what happened on that delay of game penalty where the refs were in the way?

I was at the bar and could not hear what was going on, but I was really surprised that they called the penalty.

Posted

Refs held up the snap...didnt reset game clock..

Posted

The refs really were particularly shitty today

Posted

They need to send a copy of that to the league, as well as the TD hit on Bob.

Posted

Steelers getting hosed right now by the stripes.

Posted

Yea, refs were just atrocious today. Looked as bad or worse than the replacement refs. Deangelo's TD run should get some scrutiny too. Doubt it would have changed the outcome of the play, but that idiot ref shouldn't have blown the whistle.

Posted

I was raging from this. I guess in the end it didn't make a difference, but that play resulted in us not getting enough yards for a first down.

Posted

Steelers getting hosed right now by the stripes.

I am still dumbfounded after witnessing that. Replacement refs never left, I swear.

1 person likes this

Posted

i heard somewhere that we made substitutions and that the D is also allowed to do so when the O does so the refs allowed that to happen....does anyone know if there is any truth to that?

Posted

Yea, D has to be allowed to make substitutions if the O does, but I'm pretty sure the ref can't stand over the ball until the play clock runs out...

Posted

Yea, refs were just atrocious today. Looked as bad or worse than the replacement refs. Deangelo's TD run should get some scrutiny too. Doubt it would have changed the outcome of the play, but that idiot ref shouldn't have blown the whistle.

That was a blatant attempted hose-job. I saw it in real time speed that his feet was not even close to being out of bounds. The ref was right next to him looking at his damn feet and blows the whistle...unbelievable...

Posted

the D is allowed tme to sub if the O does.