Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Obama to pick Sotomayor for Supreme Court

80 posts in this topic

Posted

they did, it was called the constitution

:smilielol5: LOLZ........................

oh, wait. You are probably being serious.

F*ck it! :smilielol5:

Posted

yes the constitution has nothing to do with decisions today.

The demographic makeup of the authors...yes...that has nothing to do with decisions made today. But you can keep being disingenuous if you so choose.

Posted

The demographic makeup of the authors...yes...that has nothing to do with decisions made today. But you can keep being disingenuous if you so choose.

considering american law is based off a constitution and a bill of rights written over 250 years ago, I think that yes the demographics and professions (white, male, slaveowners) of the writers have a lot of bearing actually on the laws and decisions today.

unless of course you believe that this small, unrepresentative group of elites with the equivalent of modern day middle school educations somehow managed to come up with a set of pure, egalitarian laws that absolutely transcend gender, racial, and economic inequality more than two centuries later.

in that case i would encourage you to study for your upcoming test in 8th grade civ

Posted

That has absolutely NOTHING to do with court decisions today. Your statement is spoken like a true Obama-bowler.

You douche, a lot of the reasons there have been amendments to the Constitution is to expand the rights the nation guarantees to people other than white male landowners. It has EVERYTHING to do with court decisions today. Our nations history has been based on how many freedoms the nation was ready for at any particular time, and that truth is not going away.

Can you not take a minute to actually learn about the history involved with the crap you pretend to know about?

Posted

hey g5jamz where did you study con law i want to begin a promising career working for the Cato institute

Posted

I thought that was a womens clothing store

Posted

considering american law is based off a constitution and a bill of rights written over 250 years ago, I think that yes the demographics and professions (white, male, slaveowners) of the writers have a lot of bearing actually on the laws and decisions today.

unless of course you believe that this small, unrepresentative group of elites with the equivalent of modern day middle school educations somehow managed to come up with a set of pure, egalitarian laws that absolutely transcend gender, racial, and economic inequality more than two centuries later.

in that case i would encourage you to study for your upcoming test in 8th grade civ

Sotomayor isn't TALKING about the white male slaveowners that wrote the Constitution you stupid farking nitwit. It's just a strawman that you and CWG have contrived to again make people that look at a statement like that and see blatant racism, but you somehow turn it around and attempt to make US the racists. Stick to cruising bars Fiz.

Posted

Sotomayor isn't TALKING about the white male slaveowners that wrote the Constitution you stupid farking nitwit. t's just a strawman that you and CWG have contrived to again make people that look at a statement like that and see blatant racism, but you somehow turn it around and attempt to make US the racists. Stick to cruising bars Fiz.

i haven't said a thing about what sotomayor said.

i was simply pointing out your attempt to flip it around and play victim showed how unbelievably ignorant you are about the legal history of your own country.

believe me, I yearn for the day I can interact with you and not have to remind you how blindingly stupid you are, but I feel it is my duty, nay privilege, to berate you into educating yourself.

Posted

i haven't said a thing about what sotomayor said.

i was simply pointing out your attempt to flip it around and play victim showed how unbelievably ignorant you are about the legal history of your own country.

believe me, I yearn for the day I can interact with you and not have to remind you how blindingly stupid you are, but I feel it is my duty, nay privilege, to berate you into educating yourself.

All I've talked about is what Sotomayer has said...CWG was the one introducing the strawman with you joining in with some tobacco sticks of your own to help prop it up.

Keep yearning Fiz...you've still got a lot of life experience and growing up to do.

Posted

All I've talked about is what Sotomayer has said...

of course, when you said this

Flip the statement...imagine a white male saying the same thing with the appropriate racial portions reversed.

which would imply you think something like this didn't happen. of course, a very small minority of white males basically gave themselves voting rights and kept a large portion of the population enslaved. This happened. you don't seem to grasp that.

furthermore....

this isn't about sotomayor obviously, just you trying to appear like you know something, which I quickly pointed out you don't.

just because you're pretending to be condescending doesn't disguise the fact you're backpedaling.