Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did AE's catch seal Gettis' fate?

81 posts in this topic

Posted

What are they getting the MRI done on? Looked like he was having a problem with the arm/elbow area but never heard anything about it.

Dr. looked to be working on his shoulder. inb4 Pilares is on IR and Gettis is activated

Posted

Smitty its time to retire, AE got's dis bro

Posted

I think David Gettis sealed Gettis's fate. Edwards catch was on a blown coverage or he would have been covered. We need WR help, badly.

Posted

Beef in. The fan bade snh

Posted

LMFAO

Posted

Louis Murphy<Armanti Edwards. I said that a few weeks ago, it was true then and is true now

Posted

I don't think either Gettis' fate is sealed one way or the other OR that AE's catch had anything to do with it either way.

I am happy that AE had a moment in the sun in the NFL but I am still not confident he ever turns into much. He was the beneficiary of a badly blown coverage by Washington. That doesn't impact any other receivers.

Posted

Where did anyone say he should be our #3? Where did any supposed app homer gush about him? Fuggin ridiculous. Ive never seen somebody so chastised for something he had no control over. You guys hate a player on your own damn team. He works hard to help the team you cheer for and all you can do is complain?

Posted

why was he so damn slow? I thought the one trait he had was speed.

Posted

To me it feels more like it is Murphy or Gettis. If Gettis goes to IR I think the extends his rookie deal for a year, so that will make him more valueable if he comes back healthy in the off season, which would mean the end of Murthy.

AE has a lot of skills, qb (scout team and emergancy 3rd), (4th) slot receiver, wild cat, safe fair catch punt returner, trick play potential. None of these skills alone warrent a spot on the roster as they are sub standard at NFL level. However, combined they present a package that merits consideration for a 46-53 place spot and an active spot in case someone is banged up.

He is never going to pay back the value of a 2nd rounder. But, it is not like we will get it back by cutting him so that is not an input in the consideration.

Posted

why was he so damn slow? I thought the one trait he had was speed.

He had speed for a QB.

Wide receiver speed he has never had.

Posted

People like to forget that Gettis was our most dynamic receiver in 2010...with Clausen as his QB...

I really hope we can see Gettis play this year to see how he does with Cam.