80 replies to this topic

#31 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

Can we just cut this fuggin guy already... The guy makes one catch and the App homers go crazy! I understand having pride in your alma mater but damn, he is not the next Wes Welker! Give it up already... When we cut him he will be out of football.

#32 PantherGuy

PantherGuy

• ALL-PRO
  • 811 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

I think it did imo, Gettis will likely be placed on IR, too bad he can't get right. I always thought he had the talent.

I don't think Armanti's catch did anything to alter the WR hierarchy behind Smitty. He was wide open because of a blown coverage. It's not like he burned anybody with a sick double-move or anything. IMO Edwards' catch was so awesome because it was so unexpected. But most of that play was just luck and Smith's block, not Edwards' skill as a receiver. I do have to give him credit for catching the ball, though. Sometimes it's easy to become the deer in the headlights when you know that if you drop the ball, you're going to get some serious backlash.

#33 Carolina Fan

Carolina Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

Got to love the Huddle. AE gets rewarded from busted coverage with one catch and the App Homers are ready to make him our #3.

What huddle forum are you reading? everyone i see is saying how AE was slow after the catch and it was a broken coverage and we should kick him off the team, minus a select few huddlers who don't hate on our players after they do something good.

#34 firemoose

firemoose

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationWNC-For Now

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

Two things....Watch the replay. He couldn't cut back because the DB took the proper angle the whole time and kept him pinned to the sideline. He got what he could.

Second...He should get at least some props since he spent the week, according to Panthers beat writers, mostly running the scout team to prep for RG3. D looked pretty good in stopping him so I guess he did a pretty good job of that.

But no...this does not seal Gettis' fate. I've said on here many times I hope he is cut so he can move on and I can start reading about the Panthers and stop see all the AE, App State, and Boone haters spending all their time spewing. They can then move on to the biggest bust of all time spewing and the rest can get on with our lives. It will be nice to come on here and not have to see people ripping my hometown and university just because they don't like a person who had nothing to do with when and where he was picked.

#35 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,081 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

Before Gettis got hurt I thought he was better then LaFell, now LaFell has played himself into the 2 spot and everyone is screaming for AE after one catch? I'd rather see what Gettis does when healthy

#36 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,278 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

I doubt it, because Pilares is having an MRI tomorrow. Depending on how that goes, Gettis could have an open position on the team.

Or, you know, WE COULD USE JOE ADAMS

What are they getting the MRI done on? Looked like he was having a problem with the arm/elbow area but never heard anything about it.

#37 MtnJax

MtnJax

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

What are they getting the MRI done on? Looked like he was having a problem with the arm/elbow area but never heard anything about it.

Dr. looked to be working on his shoulder. inb4 Pilares is on IR and Gettis is activated

#38 panthernation23

panthernation23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

Smitty its time to retire, AE got's dis bro

#39 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

I think David Gettis sealed Gettis's fate. Edwards catch was on a blown coverage or he would have been covered. We need WR help, badly.

#40 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

Beef in. The fan bade snh

#41 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

LMFAO

#42 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

Louis Murphy<Armanti Edwards. I said that a few weeks ago, it was true then and is true now

#43 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

I don't think either Gettis' fate is sealed one way or the other OR that AE's catch had anything to do with it either way.

I am happy that AE had a moment in the sun in the NFL but I am still not confident he ever turns into much. He was the beneficiary of a badly blown coverage by Washington. That doesn't impact any other receivers.

#44 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

Where did anyone say he should be our #3? Where did any supposed app homer gush about him? Fuggin ridiculous. Ive never seen somebody so chastised for something he had no control over. You guys hate a player on your own damn team. He works hard to help the team you cheer for and all you can do is complain?

#45 Password is Taco

Password is Taco

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

why was he so damn slow? I thought the one trait he had was speed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com