Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,468 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

Bill Voth@billvoth

#Panthers combo of C. Johnson & G. Hardy lead NFL DEs in sacks w/14 after today. #Giants duo of JPP & Umenyiora have 10.5.

Maybe not, but suddenly what many considered a position of weakness looks like a strength. Add in young Frank Alexander and even Thomas Keiser in rotation. We look good there.

#2 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

That's awesome.

#3 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

Imagine what we could do if we played more man to man coverage.

#4 TruthVsComfort

TruthVsComfort

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

That is awesome. And this is why I am thinking WR in the first and FS in the second of the 2013 draft. Our Dline is beasting.

#5 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

I'm starting to think we should get a DB or WR in 1st round and 2nd instead of DT. Both Charles and Greg, along with Frank and Thomas are doing good at DE and Dwan and Ron are doing good.

#6 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

Seeing the dline get pressure these past few weeks with 4 down has been bringing back great memories of the early Fox era line. I think they are finally maturing to what we hoped they would be.

Helps out with the draft too because I firmly believed we would draft a pass rusher next draft in the first back in week 3.

#7 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,310 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

I'm starting to think we should get a DB or WR in 1st round and 2nd instead of DT. Both Charles and Greg, along with Frank and Thomas are doing good at DE and Dwan and Ron are doing good.

Ron is eligible for social security next year. If we don't want a big drop off in our line play, we need a good young DT. I wouldn't be upset if he came from FA, but I'm firmly on the Starwagon right now.

#8 GSO_Pantherz

GSO_Pantherz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

We had a good game in which our front four got good pressure, and people are claiming we have the best pass rushing DEs BWAHAHAHAHA! Before today, when was the last time Charles Johnson had a sack? Ah, I think it was when we played Atlanta, in front of his hometown fans.

#9 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

Ron is eligible for social security next year. If we don't want a big drop off in our line play, we need a good young DT. I wouldn't be upset if he came from FA, but I'm firmly on the Starwagon right now.

Yea, you're right and I'd be happy with Star or Jon. However if we start to win more and none of them are available then go with CB Dee Milliner or WR Keenan Allen.

#10 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

It's good to see the Dline playing so well, DT will still need help, be it from FA or the draft.

#11 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,199 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

Dwan will be 32 next season and Ron will be 34, we can't exactly keep counting on them to be our starters. We need to inject some kind of talent and since we're going to tight on cap space, we'll need to look through the draft for it.

#12 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

We had a good game in which our front four got good pressure, and people are claiming we have the best pass rushing DEs BWAHAHAHAHA! Before today, when was the last time Charles Johnson had a sack? Ah, I think it was when we played Atlanta, in front of his hometown fans.

Hey dumbass, you miss his 2 sacks and forced fumble last week?

#13 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,310 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

Are you high? He had two sack/strip-fumbles last week. And the "best duo" question (notice the question mark?) is based on them leading the league in sacks. Stats don't tell everything, and I wouldn't go ahead and anoint them, but it's not baseless conjecture to discuss it.

#14 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,791 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

There are no words to express the massive boner I have right now.

#15 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

Dwan will be 32 next season and Ron will be 34, we can't exactly keep counting on them to be our starters. We need to inject some kind of talent and since we're going to tight on cap space, we'll need to look through the draft for it.

We really do need some young stars up front, what we have now is a good short term plan for DT but I don't want another Kemo and Lewis situation where we rely on them for too long without looking at the long term solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com