122 replies to this topic

#16 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

I'm almost sold on KT having a Cam Newton dildo up his sleeve. You mods ban people for stupid threads? How about this sorry mother fuger!

#17 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

LOL?

Cams play inspired the D? Can't tell if serious...

If anything it was the other way around. Also Williams scored enough on his 30 yard run to beat the Redskins until the 4th quarter.
So by your logic Williams inspired the D?

#18 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

I think mods made it clear no personal insults. If you have nothing to say about leadership, maybe you shouldnt post. Why are you getting so upset and mad about this thread anyway?

#19 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

LOL?

Cams play inspired the D? Can't tell if serious...

If anything it was the other way around. Also Williams scored enough on his 30 yard run to beat the Redskins until the 4th quarter.
So by your logic Williams inspired the D?

Yes Cam's play inspired the D. The bloody jersey TD sequence is a turning point for this team.

#20 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,285 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

Cam's leadership inspired his teammates. Without it, no way we win today. That TD pass before the half fired the D up for the second half and they actually rallied behind their QB. We should see more of that the rest of the year.

I am not trying to diminish Cam...he played a very good game (100.1 passer rating), but I think you may be giving him too much credit....especially for the D. Like I said, O never put the game away....and TOP put the Panthers D on the field a long time. The D seemed determined to win this game. Your assumption is a big leap.

#21 jake14wl

jake14wl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

Let me preface this by saying that I, as a Native American, am a minority & not white.

KT you are nothing more than a prejudice race-baiter &/or troll.

#22 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

Completely ignoring the fact that the offense played its first full game as well?.(by not going into retard/turnover mode in the second half)

#23 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

I give Cam credit for playing like an NFL QB.(even though he continues to throw off his back foot(yes even the AE TD was horrible technique))

He got a boo boo on his finger and fought through it, yes that was awesome.

The defense ruled the day today, however.

#24 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

Let me preface this by saying that I, as a Native American, am a minority & not white.

Because I dont believe our defense is the steel curtain?

Are you going to make a "Greg Hardy must win this week" thread?

How bout a "Charles Johnson must step up for us to beat Peyton" thread?

Those guys played well today and did their job, but winning and losing doesnt hinge at all on what they do. Cam and his leadership have everything to do with us winning or losing. He throws a pick, we lose no matter how many sacks CJ & Hardy get. They had a bunch last week, and we still lost. I think you guys are underestimating how much this team lives and dies with how well Cameron plays. Its a lot easier to be agressive on D when you have a comfortable lead versus playing from behind.

#25 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,713 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

Cam's leadership inspired his teammates. Without it, no way we win today. That TD pass before the half fired the D up for the second half and they actually rallied behind their QB. We should see more of that the rest of the year.

Srsly? The defense was pretty fired up all day, and I daresay looked their worst at the end of the game. Cam showed a lot of grit at the end of the first half, but the coaching was wayyyy more to blame the last weeks than anything else, and while Cam played composed and under control today the defense again contributed largely to this win.

That said, this game was arguably the most complete team effort of thr season and hopefully provides some positive momentum for everyone to spring off of. Cam is doing well with the slight shift in offensive philosophy and will likely have moments to truly and undoubtedly shine by the end of the year.

#26 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,512 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

good point.

i often think these leadership questions arise out of laziness after a loss (you've got to analyze the head of the team for SOMETHING as an explanatory factor, and stuff like leadership is naturally the first thing that comes up.)

i don't expect anyone to come out and point out cam's leadership the way they would question it if he lost, because that's just the nature of win/loss analysis dynamics. i'm more interested in seeing the wins continue. if they do, that's clearly due in part to cam's leadership whether it's dissected and quantified or not.

#27 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

RGIII was celebrating a TD run (called back) when losing. Immature little &#^@

#28 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

People have actually criticized CJ for not playing up to his contract plenty of times, where have you been?

Oh yea selectively race baiting wherever possible.

This just in, NFL teams live and die by their QB play.......who knew?

#29 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

If he's making fun of RGIII is he a race-baiter or just a Panthers fan?

#30 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,598 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

Some misguided people on the forum have blamed Cam for our losses, ignoring his good moments and exaggerating his bad moments. It is just as wrong to say that he gets full credit for the win.

We win as a team and lose as a team. That's how it is and that's one of the things that makes football so special.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com